This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So two of my favorite games this generation, were both games I hated at first...

#21Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 2/14/2013 9:13:30 AM
rdking96 posted...
Similar thing just happened to me with Batman AA. About a year ago, I played for an hour or two and got bored quickly. I found the fighting shallow. All I had to do was push X and hold the analog stick towards an enemy? LAME!

Then I replayed it last week, got some abilities and discovered just how awesome the atmosphere and characters are in that game! Definitely in the top 5 best games of this generation for sure!

Anybody else have games they hated then LOVED the second time through?

I had the same kind of experience with Arkham Asylum. I tried to get into it three different times on the PS3 and it just bored the crap out of me. I just recently picked it up again for the 360 and once I started really giving it a chance and I played for a significant amount of time, I started loving it.

The same thing happened with GTA IV. I owned the game for about three years and had tried to get into it numerous times, but I became so annoyed with Roman and the cell phone that I would just give up every time. I finally decided that I was going to force myself to play through it and it started to grow on me. It's still no San Andreas, but it's definitely a great game, nonetheless.
---
I have to return some videotapes.