This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most overrated developer this generation?

#31HeLeehamPosted 2/5/2013 9:39:36 AM
Valve. I didn't enjoy Portal or Half Life 2. Left 4 dead and Team Fortress are good but they're just online shooters.
#32SheepinatorPosted 2/5/2013 9:42:41 AM
pothocket posted...
OKRecords1138 posted...
I'm still voting Gearbox. Quote my message if you too are voting for Gearbox.

Guys, I don't know how else to explain this. Placing Gearbox alongside these other developers is giving Gearbox too much credit. Than yes, obviously, they would be most overrated and it would be a blowout. Then we could all give ourselves golf claps and pat each other on the back for proving something we all know.

Or...or, we could have an interesting poll with close results.

You mean to say that including Gearbox and not comparing individual studios with 6,000 developer publisher organizations might not produce the poll result you want. This is usually the reasoning behind terrible gamefaqs polls.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#33EvilCactusPosted 2/5/2013 9:43:54 AM
Naughty Dog, NetherRealms, Kojima Productions, and 2011+ Bioware are among the worst.
---
sig here
#34OKRecords1138Posted 2/5/2013 9:53:43 AM
pothocket posted...
OKRecords1138 posted...
I'm still voting Gearbox. Quote my message if you too are voting for Gearbox.

Guys, I don't know how else to explain this. Placing Gearbox alongside these other developers is giving Gearbox too much credit. Than yes, obviously, they would be most overrated and it would be a blowout. Then we could all give ourselves golf claps and pat each other on the back for proving something we all know.

Or...or, we could have an interesting poll with close results.

Why are you so eager to defend Gearbox? Let the people be heard!
---
See all your favorite toys of yesterday and today at The Toy Box - thetoybox1138.blogspot.com
#35SunDevil77Posted 2/5/2013 9:59:20 AM
GGearX posted...
That new company that made halo 4.

You're kidding, right?
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#36DonomegaPosted 2/5/2013 10:06:50 AM
Valve, in many gamer's eyes they can do no wrong. Portal 2 was like 6-8 hours long. IF any other developer released that game people would never stop complaining about it.
---
Intell 8088 @ 7.14Mhz | 640K RAM | TCGA 16 Color graphics | TWO 5.25" 640K Floppy drives | 10MB Hard disk
3DS FC: 0903-4184-6816
#37Perfect LightPosted 2/5/2013 10:07:27 AM
EvilCactus posted...
Naughty Dog, NetherRealms, Kojima Productions, and 2011+ Bioware are among the worst.

Naughty Dog? Seriously? Some of these seem like troll posts.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#38pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 10:13:57 AM
Donomega posted...
Valve, in many gamer's eyes they can do no wrong. Portal 2 was like 6-8 hours long. IF any other developer released that game people would never stop complaining about it.

People DID complain about it. And they still are as evidence by your post. In fact, I've yet to see a Portal topic without the obligatory "too short" comment. Now go ahead and compare the quality within that 6-8 hours (more like 10) to any other game.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#39flame030191Posted 2/5/2013 10:14:51 AM
R* simply because they have never made a game i liked.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#40BahamutBBobPosted 2/5/2013 10:19:23 AM
BioWare.

Loved Mass Effect 1 and 2.

In the middle about Mass Effect 3 and Jade Empire (haven't played enough of either to decide)

Hated Dragon Age 1 and 2, Neverwinter Nights, KOTOR, and SWTOR.

I haven't played their other games.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob