This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you justify the costs for Xbox Live?

#31Dragon NexusPosted 2/5/2013 11:45:41 AM
I pay $3 a month for it. At that rate, I don't feel a need to 'justify' anything.

This.
I spend more on bread rolls per month for lunch.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#32HaloODSTDPosted 2/5/2013 11:50:04 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
I pay $3 a month for it. At that rate, I don't feel a need to 'justify' anything.

This.
I spend more on bread rolls per month for lunch.

and you think everyone else can? tsk tsk.
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student
#33JascoDPosted 2/5/2013 11:53:08 AM
ValedictorianXD posted...
JascoD posted...
Akiba69 posted...
I can't, and anyone who even attempts to defend such a thing is a very foolish person indeed. Especially after you have experienced gaming on other platforms. Typically the people who defend such a thing are people who pay for it and have no other options themselves.

This hit me actually after I have played my WiiU for a couple of days, online......for free. The irony is that my Xbox Live gold ended around that time and I have completely lost any kind of lust to pay for something that can be used for free!

I have Netflix on the WiiU, so I'm good to go!

Also, it's in our human nature to question things, like paying for Xbox Live, when other consoles give you that for free. I have payed for it over 4 years and Microsoft has NEVER wanted to reward faithful costumers something nice and for free. Never more!

Unfortunately, I am stuck with the Xbox 360 and I just can't see myself selling it and all my games to buy a PS3, that would hurt my wallet way too much....And I have tried to trade it against a PS3 and losing a couple of games on Ebay and other sites, but no one wants to trade.

Actually, Microsoft did award faithful customers.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57549623-75/xbox-live-long-timers-getting-free-xbox-360-consoles/

You weren't that faithful, apparently. Not that I blame you though since who the hell would want to have this for 10 years? After they sent me my free console, I just turned around and sold it for full retail price on craigslist.

10 years!? Wow, Microsoft is a pretty nice guy.

/s
---
Itchy Tasty!
#34mjc0961Posted 2/5/2013 12:06:29 PM(edited)
Justify it? I don't. There's no reason for it anymore. Live still has better features that PSN and Nintendo Network don't, but even so, come the hell on Microsoft. That isn't worth $60 a year and they can't keep holding up the "we has teh netflix" and other such services as an excuse when even the Wii, not the Wii U but the original Wii, offers them for free.

But why do I pay for it anyway? Because Microsoft has me by the balls. If I want to keep playing stuff online, I'd better suck it up and give them the money. And at this point, Sony has driven the majority of my retail purchases towards the 360 version just because of how awful their new Playstation Store is. When I buy a game and know I'll want any DLC that comes out for it, I'd rather buy the 360 version so I can actually find the damn DLC. Screw Sony and their sea of avatars in the f***ing GAMES section of the store.

Seriously, Sony could have ended my Gold subscription years ago if they got their head out of their ass and started running PSN right. Put the store back the way it was, give us an "avoid this player" list, put a unified invite system in the in-game XMB so it's always the same like it is on 360, let us output in-game voice chat to both our headsets and our TV speakers at the same time... But no. Instead they turn the Playstation Store into a miserable, unorganized mess that has its own goddamn updates now (because the console constantly having firmware updates wasn't enough, now the store has them too. I bet they're trying to turn the friend list into an app so that can have updates too) and give us the world's worst video editor.

This one's for you, Sony:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZxzJGgox_E
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#35mjc0961Posted 2/5/2013 12:09:08 PM
Akiba69 posted...
I can't, and anyone who even attempts to defend such a thing is a very foolish person indeed. Especially after you have experienced gaming on other platforms. Typically the people who defend such a thing are people who pay for it and have no other options themselves.

Although I would like to point out that the same is true for Playstation Plus. Both are actually horrible deals, but only Microsoft has anyone by the balls. No matter what Sony does, I will never love them enough to pay them $50 a year for their terrible game rental service (anyone who thinks Plus gives them free games needs to check the fine print again; stop paying for Plus and they take the games away. thus, it's not a free game, it's a rental. and it's a rental of an old-ass game that you could have got for dirt cheap to own forever so it was a piss poor deal on that rental).
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#36mjc0961Posted 2/5/2013 12:11:49 PM
Hackfestreturns posted...
I had Gold for a couple of years and never had a problem with paying for it. Then I got a PS3 on Black Friday and I let my Gold expire. I don't see a reason to renew it. I feel bad that I paid to "unlock" the internet connectivity built into my 360.

The interesting thing is that I got some PSN money for Christmas, so I got a year of +. Now, maybe it's because I didn't pay, but used a PSN card, but + seems totally worthy. I know this, I won't be paying for both, so why not pay for the one that tacks on a TON of games?

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/hu0Bm_HfX-s/mqdefault.jpg
---
#37CapwnDPosted 2/5/2013 12:16:25 PM(edited)
(CoD BO2 for Wii U has about 3000 players online on average, yet games actually play better than for 360).

What is this I don't even.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#38Rebel_GPosted 2/5/2013 12:16:57 PM
Silver all the way.

I'll grab free 48 hour cards when I need them. They've usually got some at Gamestop and such.

I use my PS3 for free access to all the Gold service type stuff (Netflix, Internet Browser, Online MP).

What I don't get is that Live Gold is a pay service, but seems to run slower than PSN.

Weird stuff, man.
---
PSWii60 Gamer
#39diablogamerPosted 2/5/2013 12:17:48 PM
People love throwing away money apparently lol. I cant justify it actually an Im looking into either getting a gaming PC or another console next gen. Its shame because if gamers got together and refused to pay it we would have free online in no time.
---
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very
persistent one" Albert Einstein
#40darkshadowmasterPosted 2/5/2013 12:18:38 PM
Rebel_G posted...
Silver all the way.

I'll grab free 48 hour cards when I need them. They've usually got some at Gamestop and such.

I use my PS3 for free access to all the Gold service type stuff (Netflix, Internet Browser, Online MP).

What I don't get is that Live Gold is a pay service, but seems to run slower than PSN.

Weird stuff, man.

Complete opposite for me. I can download GB of info on PC and 360 in the time that I can download 1/2 a gig from PSN.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.