This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you justify the costs for Xbox Live?

#41djwagonPosted 2/5/2013 12:24:28 PM
ValedictorianXD posted...
JascoD posted...
Akiba69 posted...
I can't, and anyone who even attempts to defend such a thing is a very foolish person indeed. Especially after you have experienced gaming on other platforms. Typically the people who defend such a thing are people who pay for it and have no other options themselves.

This hit me actually after I have played my WiiU for a couple of days, online......for free. The irony is that my Xbox Live gold ended around that time and I have completely lost any kind of lust to pay for something that can be used for free!

I have Netflix on the WiiU, so I'm good to go!

Also, it's in our human nature to question things, like paying for Xbox Live, when other consoles give you that for free. I have payed for it over 4 years and Microsoft has NEVER wanted to reward faithful costumers something nice and for free. Never more!

Unfortunately, I am stuck with the Xbox 360 and I just can't see myself selling it and all my games to buy a PS3, that would hurt my wallet way too much....And I have tried to trade it against a PS3 and losing a couple of games on Ebay and other sites, but no one wants to trade.

Actually, Microsoft did award faithful customers.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57549623-75/xbox-live-long-timers-getting-free-xbox-360-consoles/

You weren't that faithful, apparently. Not that I blame you though since who the hell would want to have this for 10 years? After they sent me my free console, I just turned around and sold it for full retail price on craigslist.
lol someone REALLY SHOULD read the link before they post it .it says NOT everyone that been with mircosoft for 10 years will be getting a free 360 console ONLY a selected FEW WILL
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#42RPG_ApostlePosted 2/5/2013 12:25:43 PM
I justify everything I do to complete strangers over the internet by simply not giving a f***.
---
Then mark him if he violates the rules and shut up. Baseman, GameFAQs Moderator
#43TBONE_OGPosted 2/5/2013 12:34:59 PM
How do you justify making these topics all the time, children?

I pay for a premium service. It's a pleasant online experience. Works all the time, and cross game chat is awesome.

Sure having to have Gold to watch Netflix is wrong, but I give no ducks because I have Gold. Maybe someday that will change.
---
Always O.G.
#44majinbuu58Posted 2/5/2013 12:39:28 PM
How do i justify less than $5 a month? By realizing its literally pocket change
#45Devil_wings00Posted 2/5/2013 12:46:07 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
I pay $3 a month for it. At that rate, I don't feel a need to 'justify' anything.

Yup It's hardly an outrageous cost. Do I wish it was free? Hell yes but what they are charging isn't making me cry. I also have a PS3 and I still pay for it because the cost is negligible IMO
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#46HaloODSTDPosted 2/5/2013 12:49:35 PM
majinbuu58 posted...

imagine what else you can buy for $5 a month!
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student
#47Game_king87Posted 2/5/2013 12:49:42 PM
It is only like 50 euro's a year and i never had any problems with Xbox Live in the 4 years i have it.
The Party Chat is nice.
The Video / Music and Games tabs are organized nice on genre /a,z /typ etc etc.
We are using their servers for about 4 euro's a month , so we can game online as much as we want , and with who we want. ( World of Warcraft , and SW:TOR cost about 10 euro's a month and the only thing you can do on those games is the same repetitive things over and over ...just saying 4 euro's a month is nothing ).
They have new arcade , games on demand (which is overpriced i know) and demo's every week and we get free apps that alot of people use.. (i dont know if you can download them with silver aswell though ).

well , that was me justifying the costs , and my opinion is that im still buying XBL every year till it ends because the cost is about the same as a single game , so that just means that i buy 1 less game that year.

You cannot compare Xbox Live with Nintendo Online , because the updates and games you can download on the Wii U take about 4 days and Nintendo and Online isnt the best combination.
As for Playstation Network....well they said that when the PS4 comes out we can get and Playstation Network Gold membership wich is basically the same as Xbox Live Gold , so Sony is going to do the exact same thing as Microsoft only to get their cost of the servers out of it.
---
--- God created the universe. Everything else was made in China. ---
#48darkshadowmasterPosted 2/5/2013 12:53:46 PM
We are using their servers for about 4 euro's a month , so we can game online as much as we want , and with who we want.

I wouldn't add that in your list as you aren't really using their "servers" when gaming, you are connecting to someone elses Xbox.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#49majinbuu58Posted 2/5/2013 1:08:26 PM
HaloODSTD posted...
majinbuu58 posted...

imagine what else you can buy for $5 a month!

I'm not broke. I'm not gonna miss spending roughly 17 cents a day for an excellent service.
#50R_ChampPosted 2/5/2013 1:10:49 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...
I pay $3 a month for it. At that rate, I don't feel a need to 'justify' anything.

Sony fans always seem so butt hurt that people are willing to to pay anything (even 3-4 bucks) for better online service with less lag and more reliant service. Free would be nice, but I'd pay 3-4 to avoid lag and Sony fanboys.