This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you justify the costs for Xbox Live?

#51_OujiDoza_Posted 2/5/2013 2:26:44 PM
I will say though that I don't have gold now, and haven't had it for about a year because I just don't utilize it enough anymore...maybe when I get the itch to play online again or something, but for now I don't miss it.

also, 40 bucks a year, which is around what I end up paying cause good deals are always out there, isn't near as bad for the service - 60 bucks is something I will never pay for live, that's just my stance on it.

I just wish I could see my backgrounds, all I ask -_-
---
U CAN MAKE FUN OF ME BEING AN EAGLES FAN BUT I HAVE A BETTER LIFE THAN YOU A GF WHO LOVES ME
http://i.imgur.com/9XBfO.jpg (DC wat u think)
#52EstilPosted 2/5/2013 2:28:00 PM
Well I am envious of all those Xbox Live Arcade games, that are mostly exclusive to that service.
---
"Why a numeric keypad!? This is a video game controller, not a phone!!"
--Angry Video Game Nerd regarding the Intellivision controller
#53zeldafan477Posted 2/5/2013 2:28:30 PM
I don't buy gold. Buying my 360 cleaned me out, and being told im mentally unable to work kinda limits your spending.
---
Not changing this until Capcom either gets their act together or the company goes under (Dragon's Dogma was a good start, to say nothing of Dark Arisen.)
#54SoF-RamboPosted 2/5/2013 2:34:47 PM
It gives me a lag-free, and all-around good experience, especially when half-off. /topic

Also, can you people stop making these topics? My ignore list is getting bigger.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier PSN : GotYourGatorade
Current Most Played : PS All-Stars, Battlefield 3, and WWE 13.
#55Marvel ManPosted 2/5/2013 2:39:34 PM
You know why these topics are useless? Because for literally 5+ years whenever someone throws out the justifications for Live's cost there is never a rebuttal---at all.
---
My steel has been tainted by the blood of a weakling!
"Goku would win because Gohan is stronger."
#56AkujatuPosted 2/5/2013 2:48:59 PM
The same way I justify the costs for anything else in life.

I'm not poor, so I don't care. Herp.
#57Cable_mvc2Posted 2/5/2013 2:51:24 PM
Because it won't get hacked like that second hand PSN.
#58EM_MegaPosted 2/5/2013 2:51:30 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
I pay $3 a month for it. At that rate, I don't feel a need to 'justify' anything.

This.

If you feel that $3 a month is in any way a dent in your wallet, you shouldn't be playing video games.
---
Main: Nova/Spencer/Hawkeye
Side: Strider/Dante/Doom
#59ZDT_LeaderPosted 2/5/2013 2:57:40 PM
I have an xbox 360.
I want to play online.
I like having parties outside of games.

Why the **** do I have to justify?

I feel like it. That is why.
Jesus these topics are ridiculous.
---
Gamertag: Zerochronic
R.I.P Mom..Aug 30th, 2007
#60FredSavage27Posted 2/5/2013 3:04:56 PM(edited)
It's the same price as a game (as it's been from the start when playing online and DLC were the only features), and the only other online experience I've had is with the DS and Wii.