This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Devil May Cry fans destroy brand out of spite.

#51656stoogePosted 2/5/2013 4:52:03 PM
Jukain posted...
If only this kind of outcry like on DmC: Devil may Cry or Mass Effect 3 could happen to the Final Fantasy franchise...

it is. But it's a more popular series so it will take a while before you notice. Expect XIII Returns to sell less than both past titles in the XIII series.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#52donkeyjackPosted 2/5/2013 9:01:41 PM
Jukain posted...
If only this kind of outcry like on DmC: Devil may Cry or Mass Effect 3 could happen to the Final Fantasy franchise...

This.
#53oasisbeyondPosted 2/5/2013 9:08:22 PM
Games like DMC just don't work in today's gaming world. Part 4 was not good and didn't sell well anyways. What do people want more of the same? Games like dmc was cool back ni 2000 when there wasn't much good out there for Sony.
#54Blade_Of_IcePosted 2/5/2013 9:09:21 PM
played all 5 games, honestyl i loved DMC, fanboys do more damage than good, and its a pity. Yes DMC was different but it was a reboot, thats what they're all about. I'm still pissed at the downsizing of lara's chest in the tomb raider reboot and im still gonna be hate it even after i've bought it played it and completed it 10x over, but im not gonna say **** you square enix i hope you rot in hell...no i save that for whats become of the FF franchise
#55Rob_the_NinjaPosted 2/5/2013 9:14:13 PM
Leaving these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM-gEthxX2w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0a_QlurNZU

And stepping back.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ARxIB.gif
#56Kenichi34Posted 2/5/2013 9:30:42 PM
Jukain posted...

Implying that it needs any saving. If you ask me the outcry would just make it worse. Nearly killed my interest in the Mass Effect series because of the fans whining.
---
GT: Kenichi340
"What was the point of that pregnant pause!?" - Edgeworth
#57Choir_of_WolvesPosted 2/5/2013 9:34:21 PM
Jukain posted...

See, while I don't agree with the response that this game got in many senses, Final Fantasy totally deserves it since.....god, I'll even let up to 12 slide. Even though I haven't enjoyed one since IX and up to the endgame of X.
---
all posts in this topic are negated if the poster has not listened to the first six Black Sabbath albums. those who disagree will be modded.
#58HighOnPhazonPosted 2/5/2013 9:58:34 PM
xenosaga123 posted...
Good job being Capcom's well paid pet.

Capcom and Ninja Theory ruined the brand themselves.

Capcom allowed Ninja Theory to violate the brand and betray the core fans and the original flavor of the series and twisting it into something totally contrary to what the DMC series stood for and how it was presented.

Ninja Theory does not respect DMC fans and even just see the franchise as a means to make money, not improve the series while being faithful to the core character design, timeline, etc.

Don't blame the fans, blame the companies that troll the feelings of fans just like Capcom ruined Resident Evil, Megaman Legends, etc.

because they are so rich they know they can get away with it since the Capcom loyalists are as bad as the Nintendo fanatics.

When I read this post, I imagined him typing this with tears in his eyes and red cheeks. Angry much kid? Jesus.
---
GT: AncientToaster
Speak of the devil...and he shall appear
#59Cloak973Posted 2/5/2013 10:32:52 PM
Kenichi34 posted...
Jukain posted...

Implying that it needs any saving. If you ask me the outcry would just make it worse. Nearly killed my interest in the Mass Effect series because of the fans whining.

final fantasy 13 was awful, and considering how much money square enix is losing, yes it does need saving.

I also liked the DMC reboot. >.>
---
XBL GT - The Snapple Cap
NY Giants 9-7/ Brooklyn Nets 28-19