This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats the best dead rising game?

#1Bosoxnepats89Posted 2/5/2013 2:41:54 PM
Dead rising
Dead rising 2
or Dead Rising Off the Record

Looking to pick one up trying to figure out which has the best atmosphere story characters etc etc
---
Gamertag: xBMTHxMOVEx
#2f3l1xxx672Posted 2/5/2013 2:45:41 PM
Dead Rising 1 is a great game but can be incredibly frustrating due to survivor AI,
And other then a few narrative details and Combo cards DR2 and Dr2 Off The Record are mostly similar but definately better then Dead Rising 1
---
Adam West was clearly the strongest Batman. Only he could punch villains so hard that words describing the impact materialise out of thin air
#3vigorm0rtisPosted 2/5/2013 3:13:20 PM
I liked DR2 most. DR1's lack of polish made it a nuisance to play sometimes. OTR had more features, but I felt Chuck's story lent DR2 a bit of weight.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#4pothocketPosted 2/5/2013 3:15:16 PM
Number two because taping together an axe and a sledgehammer is a lot better gameplay than trying to take upskirt zombie pictures.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#5IAmCaptPlanetPosted 2/5/2013 3:18:11 PM
so what is the difference in 2 and 2OtR? think OtR is newer so probly cooler,

and i think i am gonna track down DR1 on the Wii and get 2 OtR for X360 and not worry about the rest.

unless someone convinces me that 1 is much much better on the 360.
or that 2 is much better than 2 OtR

or, that they all are worth a purchase, lol so many options
---
THE POWER IS YOURS!
#6glassghost0Posted 2/5/2013 3:26:22 PM
IAmCaptPlanet posted...

and i think i am gonna track down DR1 on the Wii and get 2 OtR for X360 and not worry about the rest.

unless someone convinces me that 1 is much much better on the 360.
or that 2 is much better than 2 OtR

or, that they all are worth a purchase, lol so many options

No one should even have to convince you that Dead Rising 1 is better on the 360. The wii version is garbage compared to the 360 version.
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#7f3l1xxx672Posted 2/5/2013 3:31:07 PM
Yeah the Wii version of Dead Rising is terrible...
---
Adam West was clearly the strongest Batman. Only he could punch villains so hard that words describing the impact materialise out of thin air
#8IAmCaptPlanetPosted 2/5/2013 3:34:50 PM
lol, about the response i was expecting on the 360 board, but lol i have heard some people say that the pacing and save system on the wii version far outshine the original that was apparently flawed (heard it said, idk if its true)
---
THE POWER IS YOURS!
#9vigorm0rtisPosted 2/5/2013 3:36:23 PM
IAmCaptPlanet posted...

2 and OTR are basically the same game with different protagonists-- in OtR, the story is just retold with Frank West, the hero from DR1. OTR has a sandbox mode and an amusement park area.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#10VlayerPosted 2/5/2013 3:38:31 PM
In terms of story, you want to get play DR1 and then DR2.

DR2 OTR is a "what-if" version of DR but it also has improvements such as a new area, new combo weapons and a Sandbox Mode WITHOUT a time-limit(which can also be played in Co-Op)

So, in terms of Gameplay it goes DR2 OTR>DR2>DR1
All of them are great however(DR1 is what made me get a 360), hopefully we'll get news on DR3 soon.
---
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.