This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats the best dead rising game?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Whats the best dead rising game?
3 years ago#1
Dead rising
Dead rising 2
or Dead Rising Off the Record

Looking to pick one up trying to figure out which has the best atmosphere story characters etc etc
Gamertag: xBMTHxMOVEx
3 years ago#2
Dead Rising 1 is a great game but can be incredibly frustrating due to survivor AI,
And other then a few narrative details and Combo cards DR2 and Dr2 Off The Record are mostly similar but definately better then Dead Rising 1
Adam West was clearly the strongest Batman. Only he could punch villains so hard that words describing the impact materialise out of thin air
3 years ago#3
I liked DR2 most. DR1's lack of polish made it a nuisance to play sometimes. OTR had more features, but I felt Chuck's story lent DR2 a bit of weight.
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
3 years ago#4
Number two because taping together an axe and a sledgehammer is a lot better gameplay than trying to take upskirt zombie pictures.
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
3 years ago#5
so what is the difference in 2 and 2OtR? think OtR is newer so probly cooler,

and i think i am gonna track down DR1 on the Wii and get 2 OtR for X360 and not worry about the rest.

unless someone convinces me that 1 is much much better on the 360.
or that 2 is much better than 2 OtR

or, that they all are worth a purchase, lol so many options
THE POWER IS YOURS!
3 years ago#6
IAmCaptPlanet posted...

and i think i am gonna track down DR1 on the Wii and get 2 OtR for X360 and not worry about the rest.

unless someone convinces me that 1 is much much better on the 360.
or that 2 is much better than 2 OtR

or, that they all are worth a purchase, lol so many options

No one should even have to convince you that Dead Rising 1 is better on the 360. The wii version is garbage compared to the 360 version.
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
3 years ago#7
Yeah the Wii version of Dead Rising is terrible...
Adam West was clearly the strongest Batman. Only he could punch villains so hard that words describing the impact materialise out of thin air
3 years ago#8
lol, about the response i was expecting on the 360 board, but lol i have heard some people say that the pacing and save system on the wii version far outshine the original that was apparently flawed (heard it said, idk if its true)
THE POWER IS YOURS!
3 years ago#9
IAmCaptPlanet posted...

2 and OTR are basically the same game with different protagonists-- in OtR, the story is just retold with Frank West, the hero from DR1. OTR has a sandbox mode and an amusement park area.
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
3 years ago#10
In terms of story, you want to get play DR1 and then DR2.

DR2 OTR is a "what-if" version of DR but it also has improvements such as a new area, new combo weapons and a Sandbox Mode WITHOUT a time-limit(which can also be played in Co-Op)

So, in terms of Gameplay it goes DR2 OTR>DR2>DR1
All of them are great however(DR1 is what made me get a 360), hopefully we'll get news on DR3 soon.
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Whats the best dead rising game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived