This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best headset under $150?

#11CamaroBeatStang(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 9:25:58 AM
So I ended up buying these Trittons.

http://www.amazon.com/TRITTON-Surround-Headset-Xbox-360-6304300/dp/B008H1IFPG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360257395&sr=8-1&keywords=tritton+pro%2B

I bought them because I loved the way they looked and the price was pretty good. A friend of mine used to have them too and I've tried them out and loved them. They were super comfortable and sounded amazing. The 4 speakers in each cup is literally the most mind blowing thing ever, it was just ridiculous. That's why I ended up choosing them over the Astros, because I preferred the way they looked and because they also sound great. I didn't mind them being wired because I don't really need wireless around where I play and I have a ton of wireless signals so there won't be any potential interference, or hurt in sound quality.

These are what my friend has now, how would you rate these Ca?

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Force-Programmable-Wireless-Headset/dp/B0050SYR74/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360257101&sr=8-1&keywords=turtle+beach+500
#12FustmonkeyPosted 2/7/2013 9:42:08 PM
Awesome, sounds like you're happy with your decision. I'd still like to try those Tritton some day.

$170 for the XP500 sounds pretty good too. They probably sound similar or maybe identical to the X41, and I really liked the sound of the X41. My issue with them was that I had some static crackling sound.
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a light bulb? "the lightbulb is technically not violating the TOS so we're powerless to do anything about it"
#13The DevourerPosted 2/7/2013 9:45:44 PM
I like the Creative headsets they've got nice ones and literally my only complaint is that there is master and chat volumes... and party chat doesn't turn down game volume so you can hear people better.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#14CapwnDPosted 2/7/2013 9:47:42 PM
woops I responded with my Fustmonkey account above.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#15CapwnDPosted 2/7/2013 9:50:54 PM
I like the Creative headsets they've got nice ones and literally my only complaint is that there is master and chat volumes... and party chat doesn't turn down game volume so you can hear people better.

Balancing game and chat volume is exactly what my biggest problem has been.

That's why I go with two amps. The DSS2 does the game volume, and the Mixamp handles the chat. The DSS2 runs though the mixamp via the MP3 port and I have nice and loud game and voice chat!
---
#16The DevourerPosted 2/7/2013 10:01:54 PM
CaPwnD posted...

That's why I go with two amps. The DSS2 does the game volume, and the Mixamp handles the chat. The DSS2 runs though the mixamp via the MP3 port and I have nice and loud game and voice chat!

How does that work and where can you find something like that? I might want to do that with something if it doesn't cost too much. It'd definitely be nice lol. And not all games have volume so it'd be nice to have game volume as a slider on its own since chat volume doesn't affect part chat.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#17CapwnDPosted 2/8/2013 1:18:55 AM
CaPwnD posted...

How does that work and where can you find something like that? I might want to do that with something if it doesn't cost too much. It'd definitely be nice lol. And not all games have volume so it'd be nice to have game volume as a slider on its own since chat volume doesn't affect part chat.

There's not really a cheap alternative. For the best of the best, it's going to cost about $410.
Sennheiser PC360 - $200
DSS2 - $80
Astro Mixamp - $130
3.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable - $5

You plug the toslink optical cable from the 360 to the DSS2. Take the 3.5mm cable and that plugs into the DSS2 output to the Astro Mixamp MP3 input. Turn off the Dolby Digital on the mixamp, turn the chat volume all the way up on the mixamp and all the way to "voice" instead of game. Then plug the headphones into the Mixamp, along with the chat cable.

The chat volume is controlled on the Mixamp, the game volume is controlled on the DSS2.
---
#18CamaroBeatStang(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 5:13:45 PM
So my Tritton headphones are here guys, but I can't get them! It feels like torture! They arrived today at 9am via Amazon Locker so I just have to go pick them up. But there's a snowstorm going on here in NYC. :( There's snow piled up and it's still snowing but it's not that bad right now; there's not too much snow pouring down right now and the roads, especially the highways and major roads, have been pretty much cleared up. The thing is I'm too lazy to go outside and clean up my car to go take it to the 7/11 Locker location. :/ It's only about 10 minutes away right now at most because there's going to be no traffic but my car's been sitting outside the entire today and I don't feel like going outside in the freezing cold, putting on a ****load of clothes and layers, and cleaning all the windshields and mirrors and everything in the aforementioned weather.

I really want to play with them ASAP though so I'll probably end up going to get them in a couple of hours tonight lol. I'm gonna go in an hour or two when there's even less traffic and just clean the front and rear windshields really quickly. I also have a couple of games waiting too with the headphones in the Amazon Locker so I want everything!

I'll definitely let you what I think of them and how they sound.