This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can we all agree that GameStop is a total scam when it comes to "new" games?

#1rawrLIKEaB05S__Posted 2/5/2013 5:46:30 PM
I do.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: ajwmawesome * Now Playing 007 Legends, Minecraft 360
PlayStation Network ID: BlueStar7152 * Now Playing Uncharted 2-3, Massive Action Game
#2tigers5123Posted 2/5/2013 5:48:28 PM
As a person who worked at Gamestop... yes. Yes it is. It was worse at my Gamestop. They put more than 1 copy on the shelf.
---
"Karate? The Dane Cook of martial arts? No, ISIS agents use Krav Maga."
#3HaloODSTDPosted 2/5/2013 5:48:36 PM
SO SO SO many stores do the same thing and their customers are fine with it. I used to work at a hockey proshop and we took all the equipment out of their packaging to display, people can try them out (sticks, helmets, pads, etc) and buy them NEW.
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student
#4Life And DeathPosted 2/5/2013 5:50:13 PM
I always think its funny when they look or say something rude when you tell them, "Yeah that's not new it's been opened!" I always turn down the buy and leave the store. Not only that the box they get for it is the one on the shelf so god only knows who's hands been touching it.

I had one GameStop offer me 10% off, still no sale unless its sealed.
---
Machinima Partner
YouTube.com/LifeAndDeathLive
#5rawrLIKEaB05S__(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 5:53:01 PM
Bought Uncharted 3 GOTY "new". Fingerprints on disc, no manual, no online pass. WTF?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: ajwmawesome * Now Playing 007 Legends, Minecraft 360
PlayStation Network ID: BlueStar7152 * Now Playing Uncharted 2-3, Massive Action Game
#6SunDevil77Posted 2/5/2013 5:53:15 PM
Well...I just got Dead Space 3 new and sealed and they gave me the preorder DLC even though I missed out on preordering..
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#7avidgamer4Posted 2/5/2013 5:54:01 PM
I'm confused. Do they sell you a new copy that has been opened, or an old copy that they said is new. If it's a new copy that has been opened, what's your problem? Are you planning on buying a new game and looking at the case? Or did they take the thrill of removing that plastic wrapper from the case? Or does the game not have that new game smell?
#8Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 2/5/2013 5:54:18 PM
rawrLIKEaB05S__ posted...
Bought Uncharted 3 GOTY "new". Fingerprints on disc, no manual, no online pass. WTF?

Why did you buy it then if it wasnt sealed? Just return it and if they give you a problem ask for the manager and he will have to take care of it.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#9WinternovaPosted 2/5/2013 5:54:42 PM
I've NEVER had a problem with GameStop's policy...mainly because I'm an intelligent adult.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#10vigorm0rtisPosted 2/5/2013 5:54:55 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Well...I just got Dead Space 3 new and sealed and they gave me the preorder DLC even though I missed out on preordering..

Yep... I don't see the problem with GS, as a rule. If I don't want the gut, I don't buy the gut.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF