This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can we all agree that GameStop is a total scam when it comes to "new" games?

#31Choir_of_WolvesPosted 2/5/2013 8:27:46 PM
Can we all agree that GameFAQs is filled with teenagers who worry about petty, insubstantial things?
---
all posts in this topic are negated if the poster has not listened to the first six Black Sabbath albums. those who disagree will be modded.
#32Gurn BlanstonPosted 2/5/2013 8:40:14 PM
Can we all agree that GameFAQs is filled with teenagers with the IQ of a postage stamp who worry about petty, insubstantial things?
#33rofflchopperPosted 2/5/2013 8:41:16 PM
Can we all agree that GameFAQs is filled with teenagers who worry about petty, insubstantial things?

The worst part is most of the drama queens aren't even teenagers.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#34Choir_of_WolvesPosted 2/5/2013 8:49:30 PM
Gurn Blanston posted...
Can we all agree that GameFAQs is filled with teenagers with the IQ of a postage stamp who worry about petty, insubstantial things?

You're allowed to make that change if your name is referencing what I think it's referencing.
---
all posts in this topic are negated if the poster has not listened to the first six Black Sabbath albums. those who disagree will be modded.
#35JenniferTatePosted 2/5/2013 8:50:06 PM
Choir_of_Wolves posted...

I'd love to see the passion for GameStop and Mass Effect 3's ending poured into things that matter to society.
---
You goddamn kids had best be gracious with the merch money you spend, 'cause for you I wont ever have rough sex with Molly Connolly again.
#36KillaBeAtPosted 2/5/2013 9:15:14 PM
AlkalineKitten posted...

I'd love to see the passion for GameStop and Mass Effect 3's ending poured into things that matter to society.

I would agree with you if it weren't for my fear that this passion would be fueled by unbelievable sensationalism. Could you imagine a world where you could sit down and have a logical debate on the merits of socialized medicine, or military spending, or the governments role in social development or education that was based on fact and reason instead of sensationalism and hate rhetoric?

A world where everyone took responsibility for the well being of the country and we cared more about finding solutions to problems than we did about wondering who was to blame?

I can't.
---
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.
#37Choir_of_WolvesPosted 2/5/2013 9:29:00 PM
KillaBeAt posted...
AlkalineKitten posted...

I would agree with you if it weren't for my fear that this passion would be fueled by unbelievable sensationalism. Could you imagine a world where you could sit down and have a logical debate on the merits of socialized medicine, or military spending, or the governments role in social development or education that was based on fact and reason instead of sensationalism and hate rhetoric?

A world where everyone took responsibility for the well being of the country and we cared more about finding solutions to problems than we did about wondering who was to blame?

I can't.

I can do the first paragraph with family and friends. The second is not up to me, but up to other people, mostly ones who are either too afraid, ignorant, or hateful to take a new experience rather than just flail for a solution and whine and whine and whine rather than do a damn thing about it.

I can't see alot of people doing it, but sometimes sites like this bring me with other players who are a little deeper than a sperm puddle in a belly button and make my time worthwhile. Mostly I just get to laugh at complaints like this.

---
And to AlkalineKitten, I'd love to see everybody who legitimately hated the ending to Mass Effect 3, either before or after the extended cut, write a conclusion that they enjoy and then put it online and see what people think about it. I thought the ending was turning chess into a checkers game, but I had to accept the way the series ended whether or not I liked it: this was not something ultimately that was up to me. They had to rush their pretty little product and throw a bow on everything.

I laughed at everybody who went on about Indoctrination theory, but in reality, I embraced that happening because it really opened a few peoples minds to symbolism, metaphor, and context to things that occured in that series and particularly the ending. Intelligent and motivated people are one thing, but you can't put them all on a forum, we'll all butt heads and eventually I'll someone will tell me the first six Black Sabbath albums were all ripping off blues and I'll say I don't ****ing care because they had their own spirit.

People either get it or they don't. Mass Effect 3's ending was sort of interesting because I judged people by how they presented their opinion on the ending moreso than how they wanted the polish to finish on their picture.

TL;DR? If you didn't get something with your game, use your reciept and get what you bought, otherwise, stop acting like such an entitled **** and do something about it. THAT DOESNT INVOLVE TYPING IN A "POST NEW MESSAGE" BOX ON GFAQS.
---
#38randomweirdoPosted 2/5/2013 9:43:03 PM
This is why I only buy new games from Gamestop if I preorder. My local store makes sure preorders are kept off to the side and not opened
#39OgreRecruiterPosted 2/5/2013 9:54:20 PM
Well as a loyal Gamestop customer I never have a problem with them. Everyone should know why the games aren't in the cases. Pretty much to prevent theft of the games. I was with my cousin the other day. We heard that people attempt to steal the games all the time even the systems on display.

its laughable though since the display systems are gutted and the only thing they get away is a case or a box.
---
Blood Knights: You sir are the greatest damn troll alive, and you're not even meaning to troll.
#40JenniferTatePosted 2/5/2013 9:55:15 PM
KillaBeAt posted...
AlkalineKitten posted...

I can't.

Thanks, you just gave me my next short story.
---
You goddamn kids had best be gracious with the merch money you spend, 'cause for you I wont ever have rough sex with Molly Connolly again.