This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can we all agree that GameStop is a total scam when it comes to "new" games?

#51shawnmckPosted 2/6/2013 10:56:30 AM
The real scam is the 4-hour games that retail for $60 bucks.

And if you want to guaranteee yourself a sealed copy, then just pre-order.
#52flame030191Posted 2/6/2013 10:58:04 AM
Killah Priest posted...
You see, in the real world, there's an activity called "shoplifting". People would come into the store and take the games...WITHOUT PAYING FOR THEM! Shocking, I know, but it does actually happen. Maybe not in your perfect world, but, unfortunately, we don't share in your delusion.

what was wrong with the old toys r us ticket method =p

The fact that a piece of paper with the name of the game and the price doesn't tell you anything about the game at all.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#53bossk5Posted 2/6/2013 11:10:31 AM
Ryan2002 posted...
dj___roll posted...
Quote:I've NEVER had a problem with GameStop's policy...mainly because I'm an intelligent adult.
@Winternova
You forgot to add condescending. Just because YOU haven't had issues doesn't mean other haven't. I've had them sell me new games with the wrong disc, scratches, no instructions. I've had them tell me I couldn't return an online purchase even after showing them on their own website where it says I can't.

They're too much trouble for the garbage service they provide.

If Winternova doesn't have a problem with something, then you cannot have a problem with something. Simple logic.

Now as much as I hate to even begin to agree with Winter, his condescending answers could be less annoying if he would simply state a possible solution instead of simply implying that somebody is 'stupid'. For instance, an easy way to avoid the 'no manual' no online code scratches, whatever, for an open product(regardless if it's new or used) is to simply open it right there to ensure you are getting the product you are paying for and that it is in 'new' condition.

Well...it IS dj___troll so Winter didn't have imply...it's a given.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
#54Killah PriestPosted 2/6/2013 11:16:20 AM(edited)
The fact that a piece of paper with the name of the game and the price doesn't tell you anything about the game at all.

except thats not how it was.

well... maybe your toys r us sucked but at mine you had full photocopies of both the front and the back of the box laminated with the ticket pouch attached to it.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#55Erupt50Posted 2/6/2013 11:14:52 AM
If the game works, I'm fine with it. Lol@ anyone making a scene in a GameStop because their new game doesn't come with plastic wrap. If that's the type of person you are then so be it. Some people are a tad bit more mature than that.
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#56flame030191Posted 2/6/2013 11:17:23 AM
Erupt50 posted...
If the game works, I'm fine with it. Lol@ anyone making a scene in a GameStop because their new game doesn't come with plastic wrap. If that's the type of person you are then so be it. Some people are a tad bit more mature than that.

This seriously. It's as immature as refusing to allow someone to play on your console honestly (which i know a few in real life. They've seriously sold their previous console and bought a new one because someone else played it).
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#57SparkItUpPosted 2/6/2013 11:24:52 AM
as long as I get any DLC that came with the game, then I have no problem considering it new...games that don't come with DLC, I think have a stronger argument as not new however.
---
http://youtu.be/_JyETEkNXSY
Not only the best football player alive...the absolute sexiest.
#58SoF-RamboPosted 2/6/2013 11:38:26 AM
OgreRecruiter posted...
Well as a loyal Gamestop customer I never have a problem with them. Everyone should know why the games aren't in the cases. Pretty much to prevent theft of the games. I was with my cousin the other day. We heard that people attempt to steal the games all the time even the systems on display.

its laughable though since the display systems are gutted and the only thing they get away is a case or a box.

Only the PS3 is a cut-out. The other systems are live.

There's a gamestop in the mall near me that recently had the whole iProducts cabinet stolen. I lol'd.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier PSN : GotYourGatorade
Current Most Played : PS All-Stars, Battlefield 3, and WWE 13.
#59TheIastspartanPosted 2/6/2013 11:40:09 AM
shawnmck posted...
The real scam is the 4-hour games that retail for $60 bucks.

And if you want to guaranteee yourself a sealed copy, then just pre-order.

Yeah, this. One of my least favorite things about this gen is 6 hour AAA games becoming the norm.
#60DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiCPosted 2/6/2013 11:55:17 AM
There've been 5 games I've ever bought at GS(I work at WM, so discount FTW).

Halo 3 - preordered the Legendary Edition
Mass Effect 2 - preordered the Collector's Edition
Gears 3 - preordered the Epic Edition
Mass Effect 3 - preordered the Collector's Edition

Now those 4, you might notice, are all boxed or big. The only 'regular' retail game I've ever bought at GS is Catherine, and that's only because WM carries the 'censored artwork' version. But I got to GS like 5 minutes after they opened, and he was literally just taking the disc out of the case. I was like "I'll take that!"
---
"It's not about money, it's about sending a message. Everything burns."