This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Early thoughts on Dead Space 3?

#1ktownslayer16Posted 2/5/2013 6:52:56 PM
Dont want to ask on the DE3 board because you'll get homers or haters

Will pick it up when it drops in price, just wondering what the early impressions are?
---
**** the NHL
#2SomnambulisticPosted 2/5/2013 6:56:04 PM
Amazing. Shaping up to be one of my favorites of this gen.

"WAHHHHH they cashed in to mainstream and abandoned everything that made 1 and 2 good!!!!" be damned. People need to think for themselves and actually do some research these days.
---
Would you like to know more?
http://i.imgur.com/hIDW3.jpg
#3CyricsServantPosted 2/5/2013 6:57:48 PM
Since much of the criticism seems aimed at the second half, I'll be interested to see what people think a week from now.
#4Surv1valismPosted 2/5/2013 6:59:36 PM
After 7 chapters, seems just as eerie/creepy as always, Loving it just as much as the first 2, and maybe more with the depth of weapon crafting.
---
GT: IAstro ZombieI ( i's)
PSN: IThe_WretchedI http://www.listal.com/list/game-collection-astrozombie29 (not finished)
#5Mez Static MerizerPosted 2/5/2013 9:29:03 PM
Gameplay is great. Story is pretty terrible.
#6656stoogePosted 2/6/2013 2:53:26 AM
ElderPredator12 posted...

"WAHHHHH they cashed in to mainstream and abandoned everything that made 1 and 2 good!!!!" be damned. People need to think for themselves and actually do some research these days.

Wait a second. You say people need to think for them selves but then go ahead and mock the people that don't like the changes made to the DS formula?

So what you're really saying is people need to think like you right?

How's about you just play the game and let people think whatever they want to about the game?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#7SomnambulisticPosted 2/6/2013 4:35:11 AM
ElderPredator12 posted...

Wait a second. You say people need to think for them selves but then go ahead and mock the people that don't like the changes made to the DS formula?

So what you're really saying is people need to think like you right?

How's about you just play the game and let people think whatever they want to about the game?

Yeahhhhh... not even remotely.

I've been playing the game. That was my point. People need to either A) Actually do their research before forming an opinion on the matter, or better yet B) Actually play the game first.
---
Would you like to know more?
http://i.imgur.com/hIDW3.jpg
#8Dark_SpiretPosted 2/6/2013 6:47:49 AM
my thoughts after 7hours so far--
-coop is fun, but also feels lazy towards the singleplayer. characters will just popup into scenes. singleplayer constantly has puzzles and scenarios built around coop. theres locked off content specific to coop. playing it in sp is still fine, but it can be annoying.
-story so far is very hit and miss. the side stuff feels more interesting. a lot of it seems like a poor script rather than a poor story though.
-human enemies are really boring to fight, but so far they havnt showed up much.
-the old upgrade systems are done. this kinda sadens me.
-lacks a certain level of polish compared to DS2. lighting, shadows, shaders ect. seem a little off. some areas loot great, but most seem to be only OK. feels like a step down visually from 2.

+i REALLY like the weapon building mechanic. having random loot also makes it incredibly addicting to customize youre ultimate weapon, build health supplys, stuff to open doors ect. it adds a whole new level of replay value to the series.
+unified ammo. this one surprised me(i was NOT excited for this) and while it sounds awful, given the weapon building it makes sense. it also means you have the opportunity to experiment with different builds. in the older DS it could mean you end up rarely using specific weapons because ammo was so rare, here you can try out everything.
+combat is still a lot of fun. gore and satisfying deaths are still there and thanks to being able to dodge roll and having different functions for the weapons makes combat even more satisfying. also i dont know if its because im playing on impossible difficulty or what but the enemies seem MUCH more aggressive than they ever have before. playing in singleplayer also pours enemies at you. i feel like i NEED to utilize all the options at my disposal to survive which is a huge plus. Once again though i am playing on the highest difficulty that could change if youre playing on something lower.
+game feels less linear. larger areas, more branching paths and optional side missions. the game feels much larger in general (atleast so far).
+looks like its going to have a massive amount of replay value and long length(im hearing 15-20hours first time and i believe it). from the random drops, weapon building/customization, collectables, coop, side missions, unlockable gameplay modes ect. i can see this game lasting a long time. At the very least id say youre getting your moneys worth.

so far im really enjoying it atleast on a meta level and the combat. the presentation doesnt feel as strong though. still i dont regret buying it.
#9MashYouGoodPosted 2/6/2013 6:52:12 AM
Garbage. Nothing like DS beyond its veneer. TPS generica with less scares than RE6. Even GameTrailers the shooter whore website savaged the thing! That's condemnation even Superman 64 would be ashamed of!

EA: Electronics Afterbirth
#10bossk5Posted 2/6/2013 6:56:56 AM
I haven't played it but it seems to be pissing off series purists....so I may just buy two copies. :)
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up