This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats your favorite way to handle New Game Plus

#1EnemyWithin88Posted 2/5/2013 6:54:39 PM
Multiple Endings being motivation, tougher enemies, weaker enemies, money/collectables/weapons/armor carry over, different perspectives?

I wish more games had it. So many this gen have the "once is enough" syndrome. To alot of people a game only needs mutiple endings to get more than one playthrough but with youtube that seems less likely. I think almost any game can have NG+. I also though about some cool ways it could be implemented.

Like making toggle on/off options choosing what you want to start over with. You could tip the scales which ever way. A bit of money? A ton? None?

Or have a game end with the "sacrifice" only let the player keep A gun or A piece of armor, at the cost of say something sweet. Or lets say a game like darksiders. If you keep the cross blade you could then since youd be starting with it not have to play said dungeon if you didnt want to and be rewarded with the loot from it when starting
---
Play Slow Die Ignorant
#2kungfucolinPosted 2/5/2013 6:59:05 PM
keep character development intact, remixed and harder enemy waves, just like DmC.
---
Latest Video: DmC gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhOpvyxuhiM
#3Carte360Posted 2/5/2013 7:00:41 PM
Hm, a few ways for me..

1. You become God, basically. The game lets you keep stats/combos items etc. You get to buy items from vendors you shouldn't have been able to for hours, and the vendors and people comment on it. Adds that little something. Like a lot of rpgs do.

2. Play as a different character. I don't know if there any new game +s like this, but taking on the game as the bad guy or just some one new always seemed like a cool idea, though I gueess that would just be a sequel. xD

3. Enemies get tougher. NOT MORE HEALTH/DAMAGE, maybe a little more, but they learn different combos/moves. They are smarter and will heal/help eachother. They use strategy, etc. A few games like this, I like it.

Probably more, but I'm tired.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#4knightimexPosted 2/5/2013 7:06:01 PM
Pretty much what kungfucolin and Carte360 said..
Also a straight new game plus option as well.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#5saintsfanPosted 2/5/2013 7:06:45 PM
Start with already developed character and items. More difficult.
#6metroidman92Posted 2/5/2013 7:10:14 PM
Something like Mass Effect 1 and Borderlands, where you keep your loot, and continue leveling up.

I just wish you could change your class in ME1 after every NG+. I'm missing most of the achievements, because I never bothered to make a "fresh" character. Once I got the best weapons/mods, I didn't feel like going through the campaign with stock gear again.
---
MAAAAAAARRRRRRRKKKKKKKK
NUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
#7velvet_hammerPosted 2/5/2013 7:11:42 PM
Bayonetta style NG+ is the best and my favorite... This is how you do a NG+ and NG++
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#8SunDevil77Posted 2/5/2013 7:12:11 PM
I thought Dragon's Dogma nailed it.

RDR and Borderlands 2 also do it well
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#9JenniferTatePosted 2/5/2013 7:18:01 PM
Dragon's Dogma, Bayonetta, Chrono Trigger, and Castlevania's secret characters are my favorite executions.
---
You goddamn kids had best be gracious with the merch money you spend, 'cause for you I wont ever have rough sex with Molly Connolly again.
#10JenniferTatePosted 2/5/2013 7:18:02 PM
Dragon's Dogma, Bayonetta, Chrono Trigger, and Castlevania's secret characters are my favorite executions.
---
You goddamn kids had best be gracious with the merch money you spend, 'cause for you I wont ever have rough sex with Molly Connolly again.