This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2 weeks away and the hype for MGR on this board is low. New Boss weapon vid

#1velvet_hammerPosted 2/5/2013 7:34:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xaWi8SjmO0

Why do Xbox owners not buy games in this genre? Bayonetta, Castlevania, Enslaved, DMC hd collection, DMC4, DmC etc etc ALL sold more on PS3.. This genre is awesome and can feature amazing gameplay. Even the mighty Ninja Gaiden 2 sold poorly on Xbox barley made 1 mil. Dont understand the low sales :(

Anyways heres me trying to get Xbox owners to step up and not only buy an awesome game from this genre but an awesome game from P* ( who also have terrible sales on xbox) Now go preorder this game and populate the 360 MGR board..
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#2SunDevil77Posted 2/5/2013 7:35:15 PM
Looks okay, maybe after a price drop.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#3zerooo0Posted 2/5/2013 7:35:59 PM
Certain genres sell well on PS3, while others sell better on Xbox. Simple as that.
---
Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip
#4bluehat94Posted 2/5/2013 7:39:29 PM
I'm pretty sure that Enslaved sold more on the 360 than PS3, but for all of those games, it's not like the amount sold on each console isn't close, it's usually between 100 and 200k difference for some, even less.

Also, DMC sells more on the PS3 because it was originally an exclusive.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#5ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 2/5/2013 7:42:34 PM
meh, as a huge fan of the genre, the demo was pretty crappy
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#6velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 7:45:19 PM
ACHEEKSMALLOY posted...
meh, as a huge fan of the genre, the demo was pretty crappy

luckily it was bare bones on the gameplay ( and unlocks ) and a 9 month old build.. so as a fan as you claim maybe give the real thing a go and make a real judgement
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#7JenniferTatePosted 2/5/2013 7:47:52 PM
I pre-ordered it, but the rest of that board didn't seem like the kind of people I'd want to hang or talk about the game with. A fair bit of whining about Metal Gear lore as a sacred cow is off-putting to a fan like me. And the gameplay discussions/complaining just makes me think I must be one of the better gamers in the world, because I grasped Parry before the game even told me how, let alone figuring out combos and Dodging on my own just by, y'know, playing and applying prior experiences.

This will be a game to be enjoyed alone.
---
You goddamn kids had best be gracious with the merch money you spend, 'cause for you I wont ever have rough sex with Molly Connolly again.
#8velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 7:52:17 PM
AlkalineKitten posted...
I pre-ordered it, but the rest of that board didn't seem like the kind of people I'd want to hang or talk about the game with. A fair bit of whining about Metal Gear lore as a sacred cow is off-putting to a fan like me. And the gameplay discussions/complaining just makes me think I must be one of the better gamers in the world, because I grasped Parry before the game even told me how, let alone figuring out combos and Dodging on my own just by, y'know, playing and applying prior experiences.

hahahah ya reading peoples complaints about how hard it is does give me a few chuckles.. Honestly the parry window in MGR is A LOT bigger then in DMC3 as royal guard or in bayonetta..

Story is cannon and written by KojiPro so no worries there. Ahh well cant satisfy everyone I just hope this sells at least 800k on 360 alone..
---
#9Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 2/5/2013 7:59:05 PM
I have no interest in anything that has Metal Gear in the title. I've played some of every game in the series since the original on the NES and I have never understood the fascination. There seems to be less and less actual gameplay in each game and the story just seems completely ridiculous.
---
I have to return some videotapes.
#10Choir_of_WolvesPosted 2/5/2013 7:59:27 PM
AlkalineKitten posted...

So much this.

I've owned just about every game of the series and I am totally fine with dismissing this storyline. I did the same thing with Peace Walker. I didn't take DmC seriously and had a fine time, but I'm sure I'll get some manner of **** for saying that.

It sure will be refreshing to see everybody who hated Raiden enjoying him for once, though. He may not be Gray Fox, but it's nice to see the ninja character coming back and not just be a three level bonus on some VR missions.
---
all posts in this topic are negated if the poster has not listened to the first six Black Sabbath albums. those who disagree will be modded.