This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I would really like to play that XCOM FPS

#21bluehat94(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 6:54:27 AM
SparkItUp posted...
last I heard it was being turned into a TPS, was pushed back to 2014 release and on the road to cancellation basically. too much money invested in a project going nowhere and for a game that has received such a negative backlash

From the IGN article I posted:

"Further in these projections, 2K Marin's troubled tactical shooter XCOM remains in active development and on track for release within Take-Two's 2014 fiscal year, which places its release date anywhere from April 2013 to March 2014. Recent information suggests XCOM has transformed from its original incarnation as a first-person shooter and retail release to a downloadable third-person action title. IGN inquired with 2K Marin about the future of XCOM, but received no details beyond an acknowledgment of its active development."

So it is still being actively developed, I just hope that it stays an FPS.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#22UltimaKeyMasterPosted 2/6/2013 7:01:32 AM
Secretly, everyone loves XCOM FPS/TPS just because it led to Enemy Unknown being made, not for the game itself. XD
---
PSN-BrandonSkyblade, Xbox Live-Red Skyblade 64
Steam-brandonskysword
#23bluehat94(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 11:28:10 PM
Personally, i've never really been a fan of strategy games (I just don't like the overhead view gameplay), but the FPS version actually looked cool to me.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#24bluehat94(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 4:16:53 PM
Resurrection bump.
---