This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How Amazon hasn't made Gamestop dissapear yet is beyond me.

#1Highly EvolvedPosted 2/5/2013 9:25:34 PM
Cheaper games (even if it's just a few cents), No sales Tax (still for me anyway), much bigger collection, easier to browse and buy with just a few clicks, hundreds of reviews, free shipping.

I guess the only reason Gamestop is still alive and leading is because people enjoy the brick and mortar store experience of walking in, browsing the games, talking to other gamers, trying the demos, etc.

Personally, the last game I bought at gamestop was Animal Crossing for Gamecube.
---
It is the beginning of my end. I've raised you well, GameFAQs. Now go, make me proud. *sniff* - CjayC 7/19/2007
#2SunDevil77Posted 2/5/2013 9:29:14 PM
Online shopping is completely different than retail.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#3Choir_of_WolvesPosted 2/5/2013 9:31:51 PM
Makes more sense than somewhere like Radioshack, don't you think?
---
all posts in this topic are negated if the poster has not listened to the first six Black Sabbath albums. those who disagree will be modded.
#4WinterstarPosted 2/5/2013 9:31:57 PM
I guess the only reason Gamestop is still alive and leading is because people enjoy the brick and mortar store experience of walking in, browsing the games, talking to other gamers, trying the demos, etc.

You lied! It's not beyond your ability to comprehend!
---
Psalm 137:9 Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks
#5Blade_Of_IcePosted 2/5/2013 9:33:57 PM
my gamespot ( technically its an EB games) is less than 10 min away, i hate waiting for crap in the mail, which never arrives when it should. Canadian Amazon like most canadian versions of american sites is absolute garbage...seriously type in walmart, best buy, amazon, ANYTHING with a canadian version, and laugh at how horrible and pathetic the site is.

I actively avoid talking people when i go into the store, my fellow gamers depress me and im sure i depress a good number of them, and i hate seeing mothers buying their idiot kids games they shouldnt have.

the only reason i go to a "brick and mortar" store is because my alternatives are pathetic

and animal crossing...i loved that game, but nintendo is dead to me
#6randomweirdoPosted 2/5/2013 9:36:10 PM
Bleh, I still get sales tax and free shipping really depends on who is selling it.

That and UPS really has a very hard time finding my place and the super saver shipping usually uses UPS ground. I don't blame them, even I don't get how in the heck my place is on the street it says it is and giving directions to people is a pain in the ***. Also doesn't help much that someone had the bright idea of painting the apartment numbers the same color as the wall.

Though also, people really do like the instant gratification of walking in to a brick and mortar store and walking out with a game. Waiting for something to arrive really can be hard on your patience. Also returns are easier with brick and mortar stores.
#7TantrumBullPosted 2/5/2013 9:37:26 PM
Because not everyone wants to order online.
---
For what ever reason G_gglypuff completely forgot Ninja Gaiden Black is an Xbox game even though I told him it is and even told him I have it. >_<
#8Halochief6Posted 2/5/2013 9:37:58 PM
I don't like shopping online. That's why.
---
"Please explain to me how a dog can help a blind person see the difference in 720p to 1080p in tv sets under 32"?" - NakedSnake1986
#9Robin_MaskPosted 2/5/2013 9:41:46 PM
Halochief6 posted...

Same.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#10GGearXPosted 2/5/2013 9:49:14 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
Halochief6 posted...

Same.

And I don't like waiting for the game to ship.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........