This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How Amazon hasn't made Gamestop dissapear yet is beyond me.

#41flame030191Posted 2/6/2013 2:21:57 AM
WiiareVenom posted...
flame030191 posted...
Homie_202 posted...
It's starting to apparently there are going to be 400 to 500 gamestops closing this year.

Only 200 from what I've seen reported. All of the stores that are closing are the least profitable stores with multiple stores in the same area (such as places with two GS stores in the same mall, one will probably close down).

I kid you not, I have seen two in the same strip mall(?[They were not indoors, Maybe the term is mini mall?]) They literally had the same street address Went to pick up Dead Rising 2 because we preordered online, and went to the wrong store XD

I have 3 within a half of a mile. They make a triangle, one at the mall, one across the street in a strip mall, one next to Walmart next to the mall. The one at the mall is closing (probably because the manager there had numerous complaints filed in the past couple of months) and the one at the strip mall may close also.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#42WiiareVenomPosted 2/6/2013 2:31:50 AM
The ones inside malls usually do seem to be the worst in my experience.
---
You must let your anger be as a monkey in a pinata, hiding inside with the candy, hoping kids don't breakthrough with a stick.
#43JenniferTatePosted 2/6/2013 2:33:34 AM
There's one store nearby that has huge floorspace, yet all the games line the walls and they have no shelving units on the floor. I imagine a place like that would close.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go
#44mjc0961Posted 2/6/2013 2:47:43 AM
How GameStop hasn't made GameStop disappear yet is beyond me. Even if you don't want to buy online, there are other brick and mortar stores. Why shop at the massive ripoff merchant?
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#45flame030191Posted 2/6/2013 2:56:19 AM
mjc0961 posted...
How GameStop hasn't made GameStop disappear yet is beyond me. Even if you don't want to buy online, there are other brick and mortar stores. Why shop at the massive ripoff merchant?

Nobody suggested shopping at FYE or Toys R Us.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#46JenniferTatePosted 2/6/2013 2:58:47 AM
flame030191 posted...
mjc0961 posted...

Nobody suggested shopping at FYE

Ha.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go
#47FlyBoyZombiPosted 2/6/2013 11:34:41 AM
Blade_Of_Ice posted...
FlyBoyZombi posted...
Blade_Of_Ice posted...
my gamespot ( technically its an EB games) is less than 10 min away, i hate waiting for crap in the mail, which never arrives when it should. Canadian Amazon like most canadian versions of american sites is absolute garbage...seriously type in walmart, best buy, amazon, ANYTHING with a canadian version, and laugh at how horrible and pathetic the site is.

I actively avoid talking people when i go into the store, my fellow gamers depress me and im sure i depress a good number of them, and i hate seeing mothers buying their idiot kids games they shouldnt have.

the only reason i go to a "brick and mortar" store is because my alternatives are pathetic

and animal crossing...i loved that game, but nintendo is dead to me

http://www.amazon.ca/ ummm looks fine to me

yeeeeah...did you actually search anything, you'll get 1/5 the results and quality you'll get from amazon.com, then theres their shipping rates.

Ya I shop form Amazon.ca all the time 80$ a year for free overnight shipping an all orders for me its amazing
#48shawnmckPosted 2/6/2013 11:38:33 AM
probably because gamestop is just more convenient.....
Walk in....trade in games you don't want....buy something else....walk out.
#49Killah PriestPosted 2/6/2013 11:40:37 AM
amazon are scrubs sending me games inside cheap bubble envelopes that are crushed every time I get them.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#50Nirvanas_NoxPosted 2/6/2013 11:51:24 AM
the games i want on amazon are usually more expensive their then it is at my gamestop.
---
My business isnt your business so unless you're my thong, dont be up my ass.