This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How Amazon hasn't made Gamestop dissapear yet is beyond me.

#71Last VampirePosted 2/6/2013 2:35:23 PM
Sheepinator posted...
I always know what I want, and I wouldn't go to the store without already knowing it's in stock.

Amazon/Newegg: a few clicks. The wait doesn't concern me, I always have other games to finish, or actually to start.

GameStop:

"Would you like used or new?"
"New? Well, the used copy is guaranteed to work and..."
"New? OK. Would you like to preorder..."
"Or instead preorder..."
"Thanks for shopping"

It's an effort not to punch the person in the face because they take so long to do the one service I want from them.

Never had a job, huh?
---
[Exit, pursued by a bear.]
GT:
LafayetteV
#72Carte360Posted 2/6/2013 2:40:32 PM
*Orders something from Amazon, uses free 2 day shipping*

*2 weeks later*

Me: "Oh boy, my game is here! Well, it took a long time but free is free!"

*The game won't load/install on my 360*

Me. ".... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUdge

It definitely is a wonder why online hasn't killed store gaming.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#73SheepinatorPosted 2/6/2013 3:05:09 PM
Last Vampire posted...
Sheepinator posted...
I always know what I want, and I wouldn't go to the store without already knowing it's in stock.

Amazon/Newegg: a few clicks. The wait doesn't concern me, I always have other games to finish, or actually to start.

GameStop:

"Or instead preorder..."
"Thanks for shopping"

It's an effort not to punch the person in the face because they take so long to do the one service I want from them.

Never had a job, huh?

That of course being the logical conclusion to someone not wanting to be harassed after clearly communicating they want a new game and aren't interested in pre-ordering.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#74Last VampirePosted 2/6/2013 3:28:29 PM
Sheepinator posted...
Last Vampire posted...
Sheepinator posted...

GameStop:

"Or instead preorder..."
"Thanks for shopping"

Never had a job, huh?

That of course being the logical conclusion to someone not wanting to be harassed after clearly communicating they want a new game and aren't interested in pre-ordering.

Not at all. It's the logical conclusion to your Asperger's-like reaction to someone just doing their job.

If you had ever held one (or had even an inkling of social savoir-faire), you would be more understanding. Instead, your reaction is the typical sheltered nerd reaction: "Ugh! Why doesn't this guy understand what I want! I have people to be avoiding and a neck beard to neglect!"
---
GT:
LafayetteV
#75SheepinatorPosted 2/6/2013 3:44:02 PM
Last Vampire posted...
Sheepinator posted...
Last Vampire posted...
Sheepinator posted...

GameStop:

"Or instead preorder..."
"Thanks for shopping"

Never had a job, huh?

Not at all. It's the logical conclusion to your Asperger's-like reaction to someone just doing their job.

If you had ever held one (or had even an inkling of social savoir-faire), you would be more understanding. Instead, your reaction is the typical sheltered nerd reaction: "Ugh! Why doesn't this guy understand what I want! I have people to be avoiding and a neck beard to neglect!"

Don't project your own dead end low income job inadequacies.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#76CammyApplePosted 2/6/2013 3:47:19 PM
Cash.

That's part of it. Some of us still use it.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#77Last VampirePosted 2/6/2013 3:53:54 PM
By that, you of course mean "knowledge of jobs that I don't have because I'm afraid of people", right? I mean, I'm not the one thinking that retail employees give a s*** about selling you anything outside of what it takes to keep their job.

That scenario only exists in your self centered fantasy world that you created so you have a (in)valid reason to justify your fear of people.

But hey, the golden mountain exists in Siberia, right?
---
GT:
LafayetteV
#78SepticFleshPosted 2/6/2013 4:00:19 PM
I rarely order from Amazon. I always buy my games from Gamestop, Best Buy, or some other store. Sometimes stores have sales and are cheaper than Amazon. Also, as others have said, I don't feel like waiting for a game when I can go to a store and get it whenever I feel like it. Also, I live in a state, Oregon, with no sales tax.
---
Eternity shall be spent like this. Beneath silent faces my corpse weeps quietly.
#79Paulf001Posted 2/6/2013 4:36:57 PM
I live in Oregon where we don't have sales tax in our state so its actually more expensive to buy online then actual stores.