This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I buy Mass Effect Trilogy or Dead Space Trilogy?

#1Firebringer87Posted 2/5/2013 11:37:51 PM
I played mass effect one when it first came out, loved it, don't really remember it, same with 2 and 3, absolutely loved the games, but it's been awhile and dont rememer everything about themand I don't own then but kind of itching to play them again.

I have never played any of the dead space games, but my friends say fantastic things about them, and review videos make them look pretty good, so asking for opinions since I'm in a toss up, Mass effect trilogy or dead space trilogy? Thank you all for your opinions
#2oasisbeyondPosted 2/5/2013 11:39:45 PM
There's no DS Trilogy Collection... But next fall they'll be one.
Rent both, then buy the collections. Me is available now though.
#3MrPoTaToHeAd007Posted 2/5/2013 11:40:44 PM
Both
---
GOAT
#4Firebringer87(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 11:47:04 PM
oasisbeyond posted...
There's no DS Trilogy Collection... But next fall they'll be one.
Rent both, then buy the collections. Me is available now though.

I'd buy them individually, the first two are fairly cheap right now, but I only want to get one series atm, guess I'm OCD lol, wouldn't have time to play the other for awhile
#5staticxtreme5Posted 2/5/2013 11:54:35 PM
You can't go wrong with either, but I'd buy Dead Space. Its probably my favorite video game IP this generation.
#6Firebringer87(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 12:36:31 AM
Any other opinions?
#7darkharePosted 2/6/2013 12:38:23 AM
both series start off as one genre, then half-way through changes into a completly different one.
---
micro-transactions in $60.00 retail games, it will get worse devs are just boiling the frog slowly so we dont notice.
#8JenniferTatePosted 2/6/2013 12:40:11 AM
I would recommend Mass Effect Trilogy, just because it should be experienced and despite the ending fiasco (depending on who you ask), it's pretty cool that they made things carry across. It really did feel like a personalized story. It also has lots of replay.

It doesn't come with DLC, but not all of it is necessary if you just care about the story. There's one that links 2 and 3, and then From the Ashes should be a solid pick to help flesh out the story.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go
#9scoobydoobydontPosted 2/6/2013 12:59:29 AM
They both do the same great-but-flawed>great-but-flawed-differently-with-extra-polish>absolute-s*** trilogy arc, and they're both putting money in EAs pocket, so... neither.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#10scoobydoobydontPosted 2/6/2013 1:02:03 AM
AlkalineKitten posted...
...it's pretty cool that they made things carry across. It really did feel like a personalized story.

There was absolutely no connection between my ME1&2 Shepard and the version of Shepard forced on me in Mass Shooting Gallery 3: Now With Less Dialogue.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.