This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EDGE on Next Xbox: Must be online, No second-hand games, come with Kinect

#1-Damien-Posted 2/6/2013 5:37:58 AM
oops closed my other topic accidently

http://www.edge-online.com/news/the-next-xbox-always-online-no-second-hand-games-50gb-blu-ray-discs-and-new-kinect/
#2zerooo0Posted 2/6/2013 5:39:30 AM
I'll wait until it's officially announced until I make any accusations that can't be proven, until MS announces it.
---
Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip
#3liam_000Posted 2/6/2013 5:40:49 AM
zerooo0 posted...
I'll wait until it's officially announced until I make any accusations that can't be proven, until MS announces it.

This.

But if the nextbox requires an internet connection to function. They just lost millions of customers.
---
gamertag; OozyCrayfish
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the whole ******* world.
#4Perfect LightPosted 2/6/2013 5:40:57 AM
-Damien- posted...
Must be online, No second-hand games

Never going to happen. A large percentage of 360s aren't even connected to the Internet in any way. They will not cut out that many paying customers.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#5PannerPosted 2/6/2013 5:42:35 AM
If this happens then i wont be buying Microsofts next console.
Online DRM is bad enough as i dont always have my 360 connected to the net, but to limit me buying only new games is a no buy from me.
What if the game i want is out of print and cant be found new anymore? The only way to buy it would be pre-owned.

Lets hope Sony doesnt pull the same BS. If they do then they'll be handing Nintendo another console win.
---
Gamertag : Steel Hunter
NNID : SteelHunter
#6CyricsServantPosted 2/6/2013 5:47:40 AM
zerooo0 posted...

This.

Panner posted...
If this happens then i wont be buying Microsofts next console.

That.
#7Tech9Posted 2/6/2013 5:49:20 AM
Yeah they sound really negative about it, I mean everything in that headline is a negative to gamers. I don't think MS would turn it's back on us after working so hard to get us, but stranger things have happened.

I am not excited about switching to Sony because I have been all MS this generation. Ugh, I don't even want to think about it, if it's true.
#8DarkPhoenix424Posted 2/6/2013 5:54:33 AM
I'm a huge Xbox fan... but if that happens, I'll have no use for the next console.

I don't even mind the always-online that much. It isn't really that of a deal to me. What kills it for me is making physical copies of games valueless upon activation. Since the dawn of games, you've been able to buy, sell, and trade games with friends. I'm not dropping $60 into a product that becomes a paperweight after I install it, and I can never re-invest it through ebay or get it up and running 20 years down the road long after the servers went down.
---
In Omnia Paratus... In All Things Prepared
360/PSN: ParadiseRegaind
#9RisingWaterPosted 2/6/2013 5:57:25 AM
Looks like future lies in $5 Smartphone games.
#10vigorm0rtisPosted 2/6/2013 6:01:17 AM
Perfect Light posted...
-Damien- posted...
Must be online, No second-hand games

Never going to happen. A large percentage of 360s aren't even connected to the Internet in any way. They will not cut out that many paying customers.

This. I don't know that it's a 'large percentage (how would we know?), but even a small percentage is a large number of customers.

Who listens to EDGE anyway?
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF