This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I make ZERO effort in unlocking achievements

#1mrhappyguy12345Posted 2/6/2013 6:49:22 AM
I just play the game and am pleasantly surprised when I unlock something other than "you beat the first level". I appreciate them, but I just can't be bothered to spend hours and hours to unlock every one of them. I just play the game, and when I stop enjoying it, I play something else.

*End of useless post*
---
I love video games : )
#2jorgestevensonPosted 2/6/2013 6:52:57 AM
Now we know exactly why the ladies will never respect you. Do you know how ashamed your ladies feel when their girlfriends ask what your gamerscore is and she says some pathetically low number?
#3SheepinatorPosted 2/6/2013 6:54:17 AM
People should play their games how they want. I know a guy with similar taste to you, he was a big of the Trials games but he didn't do the arbitrary Achievements like beating this track using only gas/brake, beating this other track with a specific bike, etc., many of which are fun and challenging to do. Otherwise he liked doing everything in the game. I asked him if those Achievements were listed as challenges on the games main menu, would he do them? He said yes.

In other words, some Achievements encourage you to play the game in different ways that may be fun to try. Even if your reward (GS) isn't something you care about, it's ultimately no different than a tick mark beside a challenge in the games menus.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#4HaloODSTDPosted 2/6/2013 6:54:58 AM
jorgestevenson posted...
Now we know exactly why the ladies will never respect you. Do you know how ashamed your ladies feel when their girlfriends ask what your gamerscore is and she says some pathetically low number?

University studies have shown that the higher the gamerscore correlates to the higher chance of not having a girlfriend
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student
#5SunDevil77Posted 2/6/2013 6:57:38 AM
I got accepted to Harvard with a full scholarship based on my gamer score alone.

GOML
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 2/6/2013 6:57:43 AM
I go after occasional fun-sounding achievements. Mostly ignore them. It makes getting the cheevo pop-up a pleasant surprise.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#7FocianPosted 2/6/2013 7:01:46 AM
HaloODSTD posted...
jorgestevenson posted...

University studies have shown that the higher the gamerscore correlates to the higher chance of not having a girlfriend

The same University studies also highlighted your idiocy.
---
GT/PSN: Focian
The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect; So hard to earn, so easily burned.
#8HaloODSTDPosted 2/6/2013 7:03:35 AM
Focian posted...
HaloODSTD posted...
jorgestevenson posted...

The same University studies also highlighted your idiocy.

Please stop the eAbuse, it's really hurting my eEgo, how will I go on with my eLife?
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student
#9vigorm0rtisPosted 2/6/2013 7:17:13 AM
HaloODSTD posted...
eEgo,

Holy ****, that was kind of clever.

Who are you and what have you done with ODSTD?
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#10JenniferTatePosted 2/6/2013 7:19:51 AM
I don't spoil the lists until I can read it from the Home button menu. Then I play as normal but do try for level specific fun ones. I save the rest for future playthroughs.

I'm wrapping RDRs single player ones I lack this playthrough.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go