This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I make ZERO effort in unlocking achievements

#11mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:20:32 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
HaloODSTD posted...
eEgo,

Holy ****, that was kind of clever.

Who are you and what have you done with ODSTD?

He must've eMurdered him and taken over his eIdentity.
---
I love video games : )
#12MashYouGoodPosted 2/6/2013 7:41:02 AM
You don't "unlock" anything with Achievements in the same way as these worthless numerical 'rewards' (*term used loosely) aren't "cheats" (*see GameFaqs tab, forth from the left).

This crap was just introduced to distract dope gamers from the lack of cheat devices / codes, real in-game content and blatant content stripping in the name of DLC that games today suffer heinously from.

Achievement, Trophies and the like are nothing but pseudo content and game padding in video games that otherwise have little to no replay value. Ask any gamer older than 15 if they'd rather unlockable content and / or cheat codes over who-gives-a-fick numbers and infantile badges and you'll get a unanimous result in your poll.

Achievements are to gaming content in replay value what McDonald's is to nutrition.
#13mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:53:39 AM
MashYouGood posted...
You don't "unlock" anything with Achievements in the same way as these worthless numerical 'rewards' (*term used loosely) aren't "cheats" (*see GameFaqs tab, forth from the left).

This crap was just introduced to distract dope gamers from the lack of cheat devices / codes, real in-game content and blatant content stripping in the name of DLC that games today suffer heinously from.

Achievement, Trophies and the like are nothing but pseudo content and game padding in video games that otherwise have little to no replay value. Ask any gamer older than 15 if they'd rather unlockable content and / or cheat codes over who-gives-a-fick numbers and infantile badges and you'll get a unanimous result in your poll.

Achievements are to gaming content in replay value what McDonald's is to nutrition.

Disclaimer: The views of MashYouGood in no way represent the views of TC.

I dont dislike achievements, and you sir need to take a breath.
---
#14MashYouGoodPosted 2/6/2013 8:05:22 AM
^ Then you like 'nothing'; because that's what Achievements effectively are- nothing. And you also prefer 'nothing' over real game content.

No wonder there are so many full video game bargain bins nowadays and games companies want so much to restrict re-sales when people are so willing to accept content devoid, shallow shovelware only to then trade it two days later.
#15mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:07:31 AM
MashYouGood posted...
^ Then you like 'nothing'; because that's what Achievements effectively are- nothing. And you also prefer 'nothing' over real game content.

No wonder there are so many full video game bargain bins nowadays and games companies want so much to restrict re-sales when people are so willing to accept content devoid, shallow shovelware only to then trade it two days later.

Go play SNES then. Sheesh, I'm not gonna sir here and bicker with you. You just seem very angry. Try some chamomile tea friend.
---
#16SheepinatorPosted 2/6/2013 8:12:38 AM
MashYouGood posted...

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED Got Angry 10G
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#17therickmu25Posted 2/6/2013 8:12:59 AM
I'm the same way TC. Absolutely no desire for meaningless achievements that take me away from playing the game in a fun way.
---
Desktop: http://i.imgur.com/qv9CK.jpg
Current Game Collection: http://i.imgur.com/FYaHS.jpg
#18mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:14:08 AM
Sheepinator posted...
MashYouGood posted...

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED Got Angry 10G

Lol
---
#19pothocketPosted 2/6/2013 8:21:22 AM
I go out of my way to avoid getting achievements so clearly I'm the coolest and hippest person here.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#20mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:26:25 AM
pothocket posted...
I go out of my way to avoid getting achievements so clearly I'm the coolest and hippest person here.

I wasn't saying that at all. I just don't pay a ton of attention to them. I spend less time on each game bc of it, and get to play and enjoy many other games.
---