This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I make ZERO effort in unlocking achievements

#21Perfect LightPosted 2/6/2013 8:35:28 AM
Sheepinator posted...
I asked him if those Achievements were listed as challenges on the games main menu, would he do them? He said yes.

Makes no sense. What is the difference?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#22Banana_ManaPosted 2/6/2013 8:38:31 AM
Focian posted...
HaloODSTD posted...
jorgestevenson posted...
Now we know exactly why the ladies will never respect you. Do you know how ashamed your ladies feel when their girlfriends ask what your gamerscore is and she says some pathetically low number?

University studies have shown that the higher the gamerscore correlates to the higher chance of not having a girlfriend

The same University studies also highlighted your idiocy.

I wrote a 15,000 word thesis on why ODSTD is a fail.

It was given an A.

AN A.

And a smily face.
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#23GGearXPosted 2/6/2013 8:38:31 AM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
pothocket posted...
I go out of my way to avoid getting achievements so clearly I'm the coolest and hippest person here.

I wasn't saying that at all. I just don't pay a ton of attention to them. I spend less time on each game bc of it, and get to play and enjoy many other games.

Me too. I can tell You are a very happy guy.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#24SheepinatorPosted 2/6/2013 8:42:28 AM
Perfect Light posted...
Sheepinator posted...
I asked him if those Achievements were listed as challenges on the games main menu, would he do them? He said yes.

Makes no sense. What is the difference?

Yeah that was my point to him. He wasn't anti-Achievements per se, more like they just weren't on his radar. If he saw the exact same thing on the games menu, he'd likely do them all, but he never looked at the Achievements list. What I'm saying is a lot of these Achievements are things that devs just moved from point A to point B, so the claim that games are worse and Achievements suck and blah blah blah are myopic.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#25TheBlueStigPosted 2/6/2013 9:45:07 AM
I just play the game and am pleasantly surprised when I unlock something other than "you beat the first level". I appreciate them, but I just can't be bothered to spend hours and hours to unlock every one of them. I just play the game, and when I stop enjoying it, I play something else.

*End of useless post*

Realize something, if your gamerscore is under 10,000, and you're a member of XBL Rewards, you're missing out on a 1% rebate on all the points you spend. If your score is over 25,000 you get 2% back.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#26Res5Posted 2/6/2013 9:48:32 AM
I agree to an extent but I take it so far as: I will go for trophies/achievements if I think I can do them with a reasonable amount of effort and without having to look at a FAQ to procure them (Here's looking at you Star Ocean 4) so games like Darksiders I think I can do so I'll probably try. I've got a plat on Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time because it's very easy for the most part. I'm probably gonna go for the Ni No Kuni one because nothing in this game has been very hard and though I can't see the secret trophies I highly doubt they are anything too tedious beyond maybe catching a familiar from each genome or catching all of one type of creature regardless of evolution level.
---
My theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ
Most people think they are the odd one out but never truly are. I am that one who actually is. :D
#27BlueJester007Posted 2/6/2013 9:48:39 AM
Sheepinator posted...
MashYouGood posted...
^ Then you like 'nothing'; because that's what Achievements effectively are- nothing. And you also prefer 'nothing' over real game content.

No wonder there are so many full video game bargain bins nowadays and games companies want so much to restrict re-sales when people are so willing to accept content devoid, shallow shovelware only to then trade it two days later.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED Got Angry 10G

Man, I'm missing that one. I still need to 1000/1000 GameFAQs: The Message Board Saga.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who know binary, and those who don't.
#28mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 9:49:02 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
I just play the game and am pleasantly surprised when I unlock something other than "you beat the first level". I appreciate them, but I just can't be bothered to spend hours and hours to unlock every one of them. I just play the game, and when I stop enjoying it, I play something else.

*End of useless post*

Realize something, if your gamerscore is under 10,000, and you're a member of XBL Rewards, you're missing out on a 1% rebate on all the points you spend. If your score is over 25,000 you get 2% back.

No s***? I just got over 10k a little while ago I think. Now I'm stuck in the gray zone of nothingness : (
---
I love video games : )
#29Raddy8Posted 2/6/2013 9:52:30 AM
With the rewards program, achievements do finally mean something (aside from the odd game here or there that actually made certain ones unlock stuff). Granted 1/2 % rebate off marketplace purchases isn't much, but at least the gamerscore isn't completely useless now.
I aim for achievements if I really enjoy the game, and it won't take several hours of abnormal play to obtain.
---
Gamertag: Pickle Swift
3DS friend code: 4339-2579-4895
#30XenobowPosted 2/6/2013 9:56:00 AM
I used to collect achievements as much as possible but then, founded that I did waste my time on fake achievements.