This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

REPORT: Durango to block used games, require internet

#31JKSonicPosted 2/6/2013 1:15:48 PM
Well the only one that tried always online even in single player was Ubisoft. It didn't end well.....

Nope EA has too..
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#32_OujiDoza_Posted 2/6/2013 1:16:01 PM
The_Djoker posted...
I don't understand all the butthurt. Do you guys not game on PC or something?

nope, I don't - now what, chump?
#33HENTAIDOJIPosted 2/6/2013 1:18:15 PM
The always on aspect is related to the system running in a low power state. To record tv for example. All the rest os baloney.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#34makedouniaPosted 2/6/2013 5:37:13 PM
Perfect Light posted...
Never gonna happen. Too many 360s aren't connected to the Internet.

This.
#35gjc2007Posted 2/6/2013 5:45:24 PM
These rumors have been floating around for forever on multiple sites with no evidence or support behind them. Wait until MS actually says something about it.

Seems like a bit more than a rumor if it's coming from people that have had first hand experience with the console.

But honestly, all this will do is create more pirates/modders.

And watch as everyone acts surprised when the the console "Fails because of piracy" *facepalm* (and you know that this is exactly what would happen).

My worry is that now it basically opens the door for Sony to do this as well (either that or make the smart decision and use it as a major marketing advantage).

And if both Sony and MS both do this.....well then, there truly WONT be any reason not to just switch over to PC gaming.
---
Why used games don't hurt the industry and why content passes are bull****: http://umthumbs.gametrailers.com/users/noobiablos/gamepad/?
#36ShadowRisaePosted 2/6/2013 7:17:12 PM
gjc2007 posted...

And if both Sony and MS both do this.....well then, there truly WONT be any reason not to just switch over to PC gaming.

I can think of a good reason - There's plenty of games that I play that never get ported over to PC.

Anyway, I think this one-time thing is kinda similar to Steam. The thing is, I only buy games on Steam when they are cheap or on sale because I know I won't be able to sell the game later and I have to play online.

Means if Durango really does end up having these features, I won't buy games at full price. I'll wait for price drops, for every single game.
---
Gamecenter CX is awesome.
#37qwertomanPosted 2/6/2013 7:50:31 PM
The_Djoker posted...
I don't understand all the butthurt. Do you guys not game on PC or something? PC gaming has been like this for the last 5 years. Physical copies of PC games DO NOT EXIST. You're buying disc with a digital Code.

PC games are A LOT cheaper (so it's like renting them). This idea is stupid and that's why PC gaming is making so little money.
---
"So take it out. I'm thristy boy!" - Ikuza
#38The DevourerPosted 2/6/2013 8:20:32 PM
qwertoman posted...
The_Djoker posted...
I don't understand all the butthurt. Do you guys not game on PC or something? PC gaming has been like this for the last 5 years. Physical copies of PC games DO NOT EXIST. You're buying disc with a digital Code.

PC games are A LOT cheaper (so it's like renting them). This idea is stupid and that's why PC gaming is making so little money.

PC gaming likely makes so little money because consoles are more accessible and therefore widespread. It takes more of an investment and more dedication to have a gaming rig. With a console you pick it up and plug in a few cords and you're good to go essentially.

Which one do you think most people are going to go with given that option?
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#39_S0FTButtCheeksPosted 2/6/2013 8:22:04 PM
Time to upgrade the PC if this garbage turns out to be true.
---
instagram.com/softbuttcheeks
Broncos > poop > your favorite team
#40donwalloPosted 2/6/2013 8:24:28 PM
whatnow12012 posted...
Also count me out cause I live in an area known as a DEAD-ZONE meaning no internet or no Cellphones can work in my area..

What kind of area do you live in? Just curious.
---
There's nothing remarkable about, let alone wrong with, "stating your opinion as fact". So please stop complaining about it.