This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A former 360 fanboy here...just went back...sort of disappointed..

#21Luthor_Posted 2/6/2013 10:58:25 AM
Gawl9427 posted...
Luthor_ posted...
Sxmfct posted...
larmes_du_h3ros posted...
PC can't emulate xbox unfortunately

Why emulate xbox on PC when all the best games are on PC natively?

Why worry about

Hardware problems

Driver issues

Loud fans

Bad ports

OS Deteriation

$700+ entry fee

Upgrading to stay "on your podium"

Switching from controller to M+KB to navigate

Downloading every game

Having no physical collection

Having to fight the urge to over mod your game

When you could just play on consoles?

I'm not one for console or PC vs Console wars, but the points I'm trying to make is that preference plays. Part.

I worry about none of those things.

Lies.
---
*jumps out of bush and throws spear*
-GorillaOnRoof
#22Gillian SeedPosted 2/6/2013 10:59:57 AM
Sxmfct posted...
Gillian Seed posted...
Sxmfct posted...
It's nice having a gaming quality PC, I can sit back and just watch the common-folk argue from my upper podium.

"Ah the age old "My x is better than your y"".

Indeed. Only it's not opinion what I'm saying.

Wow, you're meeting the kind talk you disparaged to a tee. The people who say their X is better than some Y regularly think they're speaking fact. But I guess in your case you feel you really really really are speaking fact.
#23TheRavenKCPosted 2/6/2013 11:04:39 AM
The exact same thing happened to me. I bought a new 360 about 8 months ago after my 20gb died in 2009 and I've been playing PS3 in the between time, but 360 doesn't seem nearly as fun as it used to. I mainly bought a new one just for Fable 3 but I've also been playing Skyrim on it, I still prefer my PS3 for most of my gaming.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/TheRavenKC Play Like A Raven
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/search/TheRavenKC/
#24josh924Posted 2/6/2013 11:05:54 AM
Did the other "former 360 fanboy" topic just magically disappear?
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#25larmes_du_h3rosPosted 2/6/2013 11:06:28 AM
I also read that when the Dreamcast died and Sega were still developing for it, most of the games that were scheduled to be released on the Dreamcast got transferred to the XBox since it contains the IBM hardware and x86 architecture that was similar to what the Dreamcast uses. So in order to play those games (the ones I have mentioned plus JSRF and Sega GT) you need an XBox.

But the big thing about a PC is that it is more of a learning experience than a gaming experience; you're pretty much guaranteed to run into problems if you build it yourself and tinker with the BIOS, which are things that you should do if you have or intend to get a PC. If you don't like learning about electronics or computers but enjoy gaming I do not recommend a PC.
#26BoomerTheGreatPosted 2/6/2013 11:38:09 AM
What PS3 exclusives could turn you off of a 360? Personally I think Playstation is overrated by GFAQers. Back when 360 and PS3 came out I decided 360 because all of the PS3 games looked uninteresting.
---
Greatness comes from within
#27SunDevil77Posted 2/6/2013 11:42:41 AM
HaloODSTD posted...
Well, when the "next gen" systems came out 7 years ago, I only got the 360 since I loved my original Xbox. I never even considered the PS3 because my PS2 got little use.

So, a couple years later, my 360 got RRoD. That's when I gave up on gaming for a while.

A few years later I received a PS3 as a gift and I didn't really want it. But, it quickly grew on me. I learned to love the interface, the free online gaming, backwards compatibility, and insane exclusive library.

So, now I just got a new 360 Slim and it doesn't feel right at all. The idea of paying $35 to play online seems so foreign to me. And I the only game I need is Halo 4 and maybe Gears 3.

I'm trying to get back in the swing of things, but the I'm finding it hard to care for M$'s exclusives when the PS3 has such a diverse and list of exclusives (and I don't even like Uncharted, God of War, Jak, or Sly), just off the top of my head: Ni No Kuni, Demon's Souls, Disgaea, Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone, Valkyrie Chronicles, and my most beloved: Yakuza.

It's just ticking me off right now.

ODSTD, you lied to us. You told us you sold your 360 in order to buy your own PS3.

Next time, try not changing up your story, maybe then your trolling can achieve better success.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#28HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 11:45:06 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Next time, try not changing up your story, maybe then your trolling can achieve better success.

Here's my story this gen:
bought xbox 360
broke
sold
bought PS3
Halo Reach
sold
bought xbox 360
bored
sold
Bought PS3
Bought Xbox 360
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student
#29Gillian SeedPosted 2/6/2013 11:49:12 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
ODSTD, you lied to us. You told us you sold your 360 in order to buy your own PS3.

It almost makes you appreciate the consistency of the Dante's Inferno topics.
#30HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 11:52:07 AM
SunDevil77 posted...

If you check my gamertag and PSN ID, you can even see the lapses in activity where I played xbox and ps3 :P
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student