This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How much better will graphic be in the next generation?

#31TheFeshPincePosted 2/6/2013 9:03:43 PM
yes. i like graphic.
---
You wanna make me a sandwich?
#32The DevourerPosted 2/6/2013 9:07:19 PM
triple s posted...
xyxrxuxafraidx posted...
oasisbeyond posted...
Also... ^ Most pc games don't really push the latest pc's hardware... You need dev's for that and $$$... So they go to consoles and make their games.
Next gen will run a optimized bf3 on ultra or crisis on ultra. Kinda like how H-L2 ran like butter on the 360. It's all about optimization, most pc games are not well optimized.
Yes, games will look way better then BF 3, it's just 1 style on a lot more.

Because those optimized games will require a $2000+ PC that only a hand full of nerds have. Or you need to upgrade your graphics card for $400 which will become outdated in 3 months

Nerds or people who have money? You know a $150 graphics card and a $100 CPU is capable of destroying anything on the 360 right? I'm actually one that spends quite a bit on keeping my PC up to date even though truth be told, I don't have to. I like higher framerates and pushing my graphics as far as they go so the benefits of PC gaming are far worth it. Not to mention, the money you save on PC games with Green Man Gaming, Amazon and Steam sales, it evens out quite a bit.

Plus on top of that it doesn't take a gigantic budget PC to play optimized games... optimized games (look at a game like UT3 or any other UE3 game or anything). Optimized means it's going to run well and doesn't have excessively high system requirements. Saints Row 2 was notoriously horribly optimized. A system that could run anything else on high struggled to run that on low for absolutely no reason other than terrible optimization. While an optimized game would run practically infinitely better lol.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#33JimmyFraskaPosted 2/6/2013 9:11:56 PM
You know, it's funny, because now PC gamers (actually, before I finish the statement, let it be known that I am a PC gamer) always boast how PCs have the best graphics. But at the beginning of the current gen, when there were almost no PCs that could match up to the 360 and PS3, it was "all about the gameplay"
#34The DevourerPosted 2/6/2013 9:16:53 PM
JimmyFraska posted...
You know, it's funny, because now PC gamers (actually, before I finish the statement, let it be known that I am a PC gamer) always boast how PCs have the best graphics. But at the beginning of the current gen, when there were almost no PCs that could match up to the 360 and PS3, it was "all about the gameplay"

When were there ever games for PC that couldn't match up to console games? You're aware that consoles run on OLD hardware for PC gaming standards right? PC gaming was running on 4GB of RAM when these systems came out basically... I think these systems are running on 256? 512MB?

Gears of War was originally a tech demo for UE3 to show off what it could do. UT3 was already being developed for the PC primarily. I believe that came out in 05 as well? The year the 360 launched? I remember seeing pictures of the locust and the normal maps and regular poly models and comparing what they did to make them all look so good before Gears was ever announced.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#35Luthor_Posted 2/6/2013 9:18:10 PM
This is TCs best topic
---
*jumps out of bush and throws spear*
-GorillaOnRoof
#36QT31416Posted 2/6/2013 9:25:13 PM
JimmyFraska posted...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llytbj9w7A1qko5wdo1_400.jpg
---
i5-3570k | EVGA GTX 670 FTW | Vengeance 16gb | Crucial M4 256GB SSD | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Sabertooth Z77
#37SS_MetalSonicPosted 2/6/2013 9:27:49 PM
JimmyFraska posted...

NO
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Skyward Sword, Black ops 2, Farcry 3
Forza 4, Rage, InFamous 2, Darksiders 2, Vanquish, NBA2K13, Halo 4, Skyrim, Borderlands
#38lol_Internets1Posted 2/6/2013 9:36:04 PM
You won't see a big leap in graphics until they figure out how to do Ray-Tracing in real time.
---
"The Delorean is a lot like modern Lotuses: It would probably be good, if they didn't feel the need to source budget engines from Toyota."- dark_minun
#39MRL3G3NDPosted 2/7/2013 4:03:40 PM
triple s posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
nath999 posted...
xyxrxuxafraidx posted...

Current PC graphics are already 3-4x better than console, easily. I'm expecting next gen to be even better than the best PC graphics currently.

If that's what you are expecting prepare to be severely disappointed. As stated in this thread already these consoles have been in development for some time now and will be using hardware around 2 years old.

The Current High end PCs will blow the next gen consoles out of the water.

Not true...lol tell the truth lol I have a high end PC

The only game that BLOWS Current Gen stuff out of the water are

Crysis 1
Battlefield 3
ARAMA 2

Most if not all games this gen AS WELL AS NEXT GEN will be developed for the console...then ported to the PC

it used to be the opposite, but it's cheaper to develop for the weakest link...then give PC gamers an extra Sheen on the low res textures, and some more FPS...maybe a little bit more smog lol

Like Max Payne, Far Cry 3. Dishonored

So knowing that BF3 (PC) was probably the only game developed from the ground up using DirectX11...we have no idea what it is capable of..it hasn't been explored yet because the console generation STALL is holding back the progression of games

I beg to differ. There's quite a few ports that blow the console versions out the water. 1080p is a huge difference from 720p on its own.

of course you do, you spend spend money keeping your rig top notch...even though deep down inside you can count on one hand how many games actually used that power...

I'm in the same boat...I have a very powerful PC, and when it came to decide whether to buy the game for the xbox or the PC...you could barely tell the difference...

As opposed to BF2 for the PC vs the console version...the console version was a shadow of the PC version

look at the difference between max payne 3 far cry 3 and dishonored

My graphics card cost $750 (new), and all you can give me is a shinier clearer view of the SAME low res textures the console is using...I have 6GB of memory, and this 512mb console is keeping up with this?

You gotta be kidding me..you be the judge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT54QWvAOgQ

The same spots on the wood are the same spots on all versions because it is a direct port...

Having a powerful rig is a waste nowadays...I know because I own one..The only games that push my PC are ARMA 2, BF3, And Crysis 1...a friggin 4 y/o game
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q