This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Confirmed for Retail Release

#11darkshadowmasterPosted 2/6/2013 11:45:46 AM
Hopefully this one has replayability.

Loved the first one, but there was pretty much nothing to do after you beat it considering that nothing leveled with you so you just turned into a powerhouse on NG+

Ur Dragon/Farming Everfall just became incredibly tedious.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#12Luthor_Posted 2/6/2013 12:22:59 PM
darkshadowmaster posted...

Loved the first one, but there was pretty much nothing to do after you beat it considering that nothing leveled with you so you just turned into a powerhouse on NG+

Its an expansion not a sequel.
---
*jumps out of bush and throws spear*
-GorillaOnRoof
#13darkshadowmasterPosted 2/6/2013 12:24:40 PM
Luthor_ posted...
darkshadowmaster posted...

Its an expansion not a sequel.

And there goes that.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#14vigorm0rtisPosted 2/6/2013 1:21:25 PM
Sweet.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#15Dragon NexusPosted 2/6/2013 4:38:45 PM
yea lets hate capcom for giving extra content instead of just slapping platinum hits on the cover.

Hey, I've got nothing against new content. Bring it on!

I'm just wondering why the have a crippling fear of patches and DLC that exists beyond unlock codes.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#16Killah PriestPosted 2/6/2013 4:44:58 PM(edited)
it HAS to be because it costs like 1 billion dollars to host a patch on xbox 360.

its true I heard it on gamefaqs.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#17Dragon NexusPosted 2/6/2013 4:47:47 PM
it HAS to be because it costs like 1 billion dollars to host a patch on xbox 360.

its true I heard it on gamefaqs.

Regardless (and I know you're being semi-sarcastic) the point is it kinda makes me feel like a beta tester that has to pay his employers and work for free.

It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth that I play a game, enjoy it, then find out the little niggles and problems and omissions have all been fixed and all I need to do it buy the game again.

It'll just reach the point where people won't buy the first iteration of a Capcom game because what's the point, in a year there will just be a "super" version with more stuff in it. It's like a business model from the 1990s.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#18ironmaidenfan70Posted 2/6/2013 4:48:15 PM
Nice just sold my old copy so I can get this
---
I used to do drugs. I still do drugs. But I used to, too.
#19Killah PriestPosted 2/6/2013 4:49:23 PM
Regardless (and I know you're being semi-sarcastic) the point is it kinda makes me feel like a beta tester that has to pay his employers and work for free.

It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth that I play a game, enjoy it, then find out the little niggles and problems and omissions have all been fixed and all I need to do it buy the game again.

It'll just reach the point where people won't buy the first iteration of a Capcom game because what's the point, in a year there will just be a "super" version with more stuff in it. It's like a business model from the 1990s.

I understand your point completely.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#20MashYouGoodPosted 2/6/2013 5:24:36 PM
Wake me there's an update for cop play... *zzz*