This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"Not buying used" is nothing new really..

#11memphis12(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 2:19:39 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12memphis12(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:35:21 PM
I'l bump this, just for the people still not really looking at the bigger picture.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#13scoobydoobydontPosted 2/6/2013 10:41:38 PM
All of my media is digital, even my 360 collection is mostly on demand. I'm not daunted by the rumors at all. Kicking and screaming, some people need to be dragged I guess.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#14iemerg_Posted 2/6/2013 10:42:14 PM
OgesMC posted...
I'm probably the only person who still reads actual books, listens to actual cassettes and cds, uses a landline, and does not own any sort of smart "device" or tablet.

People are letting technology take over their lives and since everyone blindly does it, it is now "normal". Pretty sad really, the new generation will never have held a book.

Sounds like you're broke and stuck in the times lol I don't enjoy reading never have has nothing to do with technology i'd prefer a good game or a nice movie over sitting theres hours straining my eyes on a book.
---
"Only real men can cook bacon shirtless" me
#15Marvel ManPosted 2/6/2013 10:44:25 PM
Why is everyone making topics about this? Did some blog site post the rumor again or something?
---
My steel has been tainted by the blood of a weakling!
"Goku would win because Gohan is stronger."
#16NavexPosted 2/6/2013 10:57:21 PM
OgesMC posted...
I'm probably the only person who still reads actual books, listens to actual cassettes and cds, uses a landline, and does not own any sort of smart "device" or tablet.

People are letting technology take over their lives and since everyone blindly does it, it is now "normal". Pretty sad really, the new generation will never have held a book.

We're a bit different as I do have a smartphone and an iPod but for the most part I agree with you. I don't listen to cassettes but I do still purchase CDs and records. Hell, the other day I said something to a friend regarding a vinyl I just got and his girlfriend thought I was talking about curtains. >_< And you just can't beat getting a new CD and going though the lyrics while listening to it for the fist time. I also read and buy books whenever I can and absolutely refuse to own a Kindle or any other sort of device for e-reading. I just enjoy having the real deal in my hands; reading a book on a tablet or something just annoys me thinking about it. I won't look down on anyone that does (as admittedly it does sound appealing to walk around with a library in your pocket or case), it's just not my thing.
---
The Jess Margera Rock Radio Show
7PM-8PM EST every Wednesday night on PoochFM.com
#17randomweirdoPosted 2/6/2013 10:58:37 PM
Actually, services like Netflix and such do pay royalties to be able to provide the content they do, at least for the streaming. It's a lot more like TV and cable channels, except you can pick what you want to watch and when you want to watch it.

People don't object to it because it is superior to many other options for watching movies and TV shows. In fact many people are ditching their cable service and just getting a Netflix subscription instead. The makers of movies and TV shows have no problem with it because they get money for it, and consumers like it because it saves money and is very convenient for them as well. It's nice to not have to wait for a certain time for a TV show to come on, instead just queue it up on a streaming site and watch when you want and pause as much as needed.

That really is what video game developers need to come up with. The need an idea to make it so they gain a profit and it benefits customers instead of costing them more money. People will come on board with something to block used games if they benefit in some way from it. You don't see complaints about it among PC gamers because the games are competitively priced, they only complain about the numerous clients and some annoying DRM.
#18singhellotakuPosted 2/6/2013 11:31:41 PM
You act like paper books and cd's no longer exist, and unsellable apps aren't offensive because they are less than $5 rather than $60, this is the worst argument I have ever heard, also apple sucks
#19memphis12(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 11:36:21 PM
singhellotaku posted...
You act like paper books and cd's no longer exist, and unsellable apps aren't offensive because they are less than $5 rather than $60, this is the worst argument I have ever heard, also apple sucks

"this is the worst argument I have ever heard, also apple sucks"
Irony much?

When did I ever say, or even imply that paper books & cd's don't exist. VHS still exist, so what exactly is your point?

My point is, it's already happening, so no need to get so worked up. Also, times change, unfortunately for some I know, but that's life.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'