This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Boycott Next-Gen it Rumors are indeed true

#21silenthill4vidPosted 2/6/2013 9:29:32 PM
i nevr borrow or by used, so i dun give rats booty. seriously games go on sale within two weeks anyways.,
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#22TheBeastWithinPosted 2/6/2013 9:32:15 PM
silenthill4vid posted...
i nevr borrow or by used, so i dun give rats booty. seriously games go on sale within two weeks anyways.,

See, they won't go on sale like that without the used market. That's what deflates the prices. Thinking the two are unrelated is silly. Without the used market, prices will reflect current digital price trends, which is to say maybe a sale once in a while, but for the most part steady pricing.
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#23zender1999Posted 2/6/2013 9:40:44 PM
boycott 100%
#24SheepinatorPosted 2/6/2013 9:41:04 PM
TheBeastWithin posted...
See, they won't go on sale like that without the used market. That's what deflates the prices. Thinking the two are unrelated is silly. Without the used market, prices will reflect current digital price trends, which is to say maybe a sale once in a while, but for the most part steady pricing.

No, they go on sale because of supply/demand. If a retailer has too much inventory and it isn't moving, they start discounting. There's a constant supply of new releases and finite shelf space, plus competition with other retailers.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#25whatnow12012(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 11:27:16 PM
Another Rumor the PS4 is going to be 400+ it will launch by this years End Holidays

Dude my brain is on overload I need reliable solid info not rumors I dont believe in anything until I hear it from the official source from either Company not an un-realiable source such as IGN which is based of un-confirmed deals not the source.

Such as DA 3 going next gen when Mike Lidaw said via Twitter he didnt know where that came from and stated that DA 3 is still on track for 2013.

Saints Row 4 kinda of saw that coming for current cause basically they just made the Expansion into a new bigger game not really the next Saints Game just a big-ass expansion disk.

I am not making any big choices as of yet right now next-gen isnt even on my mind and I have no reason to get them as I dont feel like droping 500 on a whim with little to no games when most games will be Dual Generations such as God Eater 2 is doing with the PSP & Vita dual generation type of deal.

Same could be done on Dragon Age 3 cause they told us to keep the saves from the previous games this couldnt be done on Next-Gen.

Like I said not in any type of hurry I am just now fixin to get my 3DS & My Vita both in the coming months also many new games such as Tales, Bioshock, and MGS or Remember ME.

Also the only major reason I would even get a next gen console would be indeed if DA 3 was to be completely a next gen game or a Persona 5.

DA 3 is one of my Highly Anticapted games people are already bashing it based off of ME 3 deal look DA 3 is worlds above in terms of both looks and in terms of story and looks nothing like the previous games.

So I say Piss on next gen I have no use for them nor do I want them not that I want them anyways not at the moment anyways to busy to worry about them.
#26kungfuj0Posted 2/6/2013 11:33:10 PM
combatcm1 posted...
It's inevitable to be screwed more and more, accept it or stop playing.

Sounds like a plan to me.

Not that I'll stop playing. I'll just find other things to play on.

I didn't buy a ps3 this gen, so I have that entire library to play.

I have a good-sized 360 backlog from a couple years ago when I had my eye surgery. I still haven't played Gears 2 and 3 yet, plus a bunch of other games.

I've built my own pc which is still fairly gaming quality. All it needs is a new graphcis card, and it wiill be up-to-date again, so there's that.

Bottom line MS and Sony is that I have options. If you **** up nextgen by being all restrictive, I have other **** I can do. I might just skip a generation entirely and see if they learn their lessons for the 'next' nextgen.

And there's also the posibility of some ...swashbuckling, as a friend of mine calls it. I'm not saying that I'd go that route, but I'm not saying that I wouldn't...
---
Alabama Crimson Tide: Now serving title #15..
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
#27BrutalBrockenPosted 2/6/2013 11:44:03 PM
whatnow12012 posted...
Dude my brain is on overload I need reliable solid info not rumors I dont believe in anything until I hear it from the official source from either Company

So I say Piss on next gen I have no use for them nor do I want them not that I want them anyways not at the moment anyways to busy to worry about them.

Ok 1st off you made a Topic complaining in a little frenzy about rumors, no one knows for sure so why are you ranting about a ******* boycott?
and really who cares, I've never seen amyone actually do anything more than complain on here or sign a stupid electric paper to send to the company, like Microsoft or Sony give a **** what you think.
2, Your too busy to worry? Then why make this topic? Why is the first 4 pages of Xbox Gamefaqs full of this used game crap?
People stop worrying about anyhing until its been announced.
---
XBOX- Brutal Brocken
PS3- BrutalBrocken
#28angry_cowtipperPosted 2/6/2013 11:51:17 PM
Addressing the always-on consoles specifically:

It's not going to happen. The 360 has 70-something million consoles sold, right? And 40-something million XBL subscriptions. So that means 30 million or so people out there have either deemed the online functions not worth using, or are unable to use them because of where they live. Considering people like to say "___ is a business!" so much, a move like this makes no sense. It cuts sales by more than a third.
---
Don't Starve (PC), Okami HD (PS3), Halo: Reach (360), Dungeon Defenders (AND), Gravity Rush (VITA)
#29Foxx3kPosted 2/6/2013 11:52:09 PM
I won't. I have bought all my games new for the past two generations.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#30prmtymePosted 2/7/2013 1:32:47 AM
RetroFanGirl posted...
I'm on PC/Nintendo, so I come out winning either way.

me too
---
FC: 2921-9335-1250
PSN Vita: prmtyme