This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why has the Gears series progressively worsened?

#1OaklandRaiderzPosted 2/6/2013 3:22:14 PM
can anyone explain why? forget about the multiplayer aspect of the games.... let's discuss the campaign here.

I just played the third one. the story is making less sense than before (OMG MY FATHERS RESEARCH!) the new characters feel completely out of place (what is Jase doing here?) the humor is absolutely terrible and the new enemies belong in a Dead Space game. at least the ending was better than than the one in the second game... right?!
---
wat
#2SSJGrimReaperPosted 2/6/2013 3:30:42 PM
WHO WANTS TOAST?!
---
Big Apple, 3 A.M.
#3OaklandRaiderz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 3:34:59 PM
THOSE RADISHES CAN SURVIVE WITHOUT YOU DOM
---
wat
#4all_that_juicePosted 2/6/2013 3:36:01 PM
Why do all series progressively worsen?
---
isn't hearing technically a dimension? so this should be called the 4DS. - I_Always_Die
#5SunDevil77Posted 2/6/2013 3:36:56 PM
It didn't
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 2/6/2013 3:38:44 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
It didn't

Yep. Gears 3 was the best in the franchise, hands down.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#7QuetzocoetlPosted 2/6/2013 3:40:24 PM
Everything seems to always (at least in the fans' perception) get worse with each new iteration (though there are exceptions).

Put simply, if you stick with a franchise long enough, it will inevitably hit a point where the things that drew you to it personally in the first place are long gone.

That being said...I've only sparingly played Gears 2......
---
Retribution Boards >retribution.muux.org< -Free Forum, Free Speech.
Gamertag: Quetzocoetl
#8CyricsServantPosted 2/6/2013 3:40:45 PM
It didn't.

The story has always been practically non-existent and the humor has always been terrible.

But Gears 3 has a Kraken. The previous games don't. Based on that alone, I'd say Gears 3 is the best game in the series.
#9SunDevil77Posted 2/6/2013 3:49:17 PM
CyricsServant posted...
It didn't.

The story has always been practically non-existent and the humor has always been terrible.

But Gears 3 has a Kraken. The previous games don't. Based on that alone, I'd say Gears 3 is the best game in the series.

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#10TrickyPonyPosted 2/6/2013 3:50:14 PM
Gears 2 had a Kraken too