This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft wants gamers to stay online so they can feed them advertisements

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Microsoft wants gamers to stay online so they can feed them advertisements
3 years ago#1
....constantly

seems like this is their strategy to make the next xbox a formidable advertising machine
3 years ago#2
I couldn't read this topic for all the advert's blocking it
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
3 years ago#3
I couldn't read the topic due to the stupidity smeared all over it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
3 years ago#4
If these rumors happen to come to fruition, I can guarantee you MS will not be acting unilaterally here, Sony will follow suit.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
3 years ago#5
If these rumors happen to come to fruition, I can guarantee you MS will not be acting unilaterally here, Sony will follow suit.

Maybe not:

While the Xbox 720 and PlayStation 4 apparently resemble PC architecture, other development sources claim that Sony's upcoming next-gen equipment is a preferable platform to work on, and its OS is less "oppressive" than Microsoft's next-gen solution.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/06/xbox-720-allegedly-requires-online-connection

Microsoft has been doing a lot this gen to close their system down. Sony seems a lot more laid back in many respects.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
3 years ago#6
SixStringHero posted...

Funny, people were basically saying the same thing a while back when Sony patented that one method to block BC, but everyone ignored them.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ARxIB.gif
3 years ago#7
SixStringHero posted...

Microsoft has always seen xbox as advertising machine. Sony doesn't see Playstation platform that way
3 years ago#8
Hey TC, shut the eff up with your stupid "Woe is MS" topics.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
3 years ago#9
PSN down again?
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
3 years ago#10
there is always wiiu, the last real video game console
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Microsoft wants gamers to stay online so they can feed them advertisements

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived