This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft wants gamers to stay online so they can feed them advertisements

#11Vincent_CorePosted 2/6/2013 7:14:30 PM
I can see it now. Before a match in Halo 5 starts a 30 second commerical for Mt.dew or doritos will play along with short 5-10 second spots between matches.
---
Learn to fight against your weak side and you'll naturally become stronger.
#12SixStringHeroPosted 2/6/2013 7:18:42 PM
Arucard05 posted...
If these rumors happen to come to fruition, I can guarantee you MS will not be acting unilaterally here, Sony will follow suit.

Maybe not:

While the Xbox 720 and PlayStation 4 apparently resemble PC architecture, other development sources claim that Sony's upcoming next-gen equipment is a preferable platform to work on, and its OS is less "oppressive" than Microsoft's next-gen solution.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/06/xbox-720-allegedly-requires-online-connection

Microsoft has been doing a lot this gen to close their system down. Sony seems a lot more laid back in many respects.

If Sony doesn't implement these restrictions, and Orbis comes out at a decent price and still offers PSN next outing at no charge, then I do foresee them leading the industry again with possibly PS2 numbers again and MS falling to the way side.

MS has been pissing me off for awhile now, and if they feel so inclined, can let their market share plummet with such a drastic and polarizing decision for all I care.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#13bossk5Posted 2/6/2013 7:21:22 PM(edited)
Vincent_Core posted...
I can see it now. Before a match in Halo 5 starts a 30 second commerical for Mt.dew or doritos will play along with short 5-10 second spots between matches.

Ever played Wipeout Hd? It had in game ads.....guess which console it's exclusive to. ;)
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
#14SixStringHeroPosted 2/6/2013 7:21:57 PM
-Damien- posted...
SixStringHero posted...
If these rumors happen to come to fruition, I can guarantee you MS will not be acting unilaterally here, Sony will follow suit.

Microsoft has always seen xbox as advertising machine. Sony doesn't see Playstation platform that way

I own Wipeout HD, complete with commercials during loading screens. Both companies like advertising revenue.
---
#15bossk5Posted 2/6/2013 7:25:00 PM
SixStringHero posted...
-Damien- posted...
SixStringHero posted...

Microsoft has always seen xbox as advertising machine. Sony doesn't see Playstation platform that way

I own Wipeout HD, complete with commercials during loading screens. Both companies like advertising revenue.

Damien is only here to troll. Spend any time over at the ps3 board? If you watch his posts...you'll see. ;)
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
#16Vincent_CorePosted 2/6/2013 7:25:38 PM
bossk5 posted...
Vincent_Core posted...

Ever played Wipeout Hd? It had in game ads.....guess which console it's exclusive to. ;)

Never played any Wipeout game. What did it have? Actual commercials or billboard advertisements?
---
Learn to fight against your weak side and you'll naturally become stronger.
#17bossk5Posted 2/6/2013 7:27:54 PM
Vincent_Core posted...
bossk5 posted...
Vincent_Core posted...

Never played any Wipeout game. What did it have? Actual commercials or billboard advertisements?

Actual ads.
---
#18SixStringHeroPosted 2/6/2013 7:41:13 PM
bossk5 posted...
SixStringHero posted...
-Damien- posted...
SixStringHero posted...

Damien is only here to troll. Spend any time over at the ps3 board? If you watch his posts...you'll see. ;)

I just thought he was genuinely concerned and didn't want to be disadvantaged with adds in Dark Souls games...
---
#19levyjl1988Posted 2/6/2013 8:02:59 PM
Hmm I can see it happening. But what would happen if you get disconnected from live, does the system shut down? Constant internet connection, I dunno... then again my computer i always connected.
---
Check out Canada's only Comics and Gaming Magazine!
http://www.cgmagazine.ca/