This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why do so many people clamber to play games when brand new?

#1chrcolPosted 2/6/2013 8:03:24 PM
I very rarely play a game when its under 6 months old, 2 main reasons, is games are overpriced when newly released and that I have too many games to play with too little time so have a pile of games unplayed plus that I often replay old games.

So when I goto gamefaqs to discuss these games the boards are dead, its as if everyone plays a game newly on release and then rush it to completion and within a few months they all stop playing it.

Back when I started gaming games stayed popular for many years.
#2SunDevil77Posted 2/6/2013 8:05:16 PM
Because you're opinion isn't the only one in the world.

I have expendable income, I like gaming, I buy games I am excited about Day 1. I'm not gonna wait for months to play something that I want to.

Life is short, if you got the money, why not?

/topic
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#3SaxonPosted 2/6/2013 8:05:54 PM
I don't buy most games because they simply don't interest me. For example, nothing coming out this year interests me except The Last of Us and GTA 5.
#4Perfect LightPosted 2/6/2013 8:06:29 PM
I only buy a few brand new games per year. Most of them aren't worth it. I also don't buy another game until I'm done playing the previous one. In that way I've managed to completely avoid a gaming backlog.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#5str8KnowledgePosted 2/6/2013 9:10:36 PM
It's "clamor"
#6Banana_ManaPosted 2/7/2013 12:26:26 AM
str8Knowledge posted...
It's "clamor"

Clamber is fine.

It means climbing, moving, or getting in or out of something in an awkward and laborious way.

Clamor means shouting loud and trying to get attention.

I assume the TC was trying to say people rush to play games when brand new, but chose clamber, which sort of means climbing awkwardly over something in order to play games. But, hey... Maybe the TC lives in a hilly region.
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#7CapwnDPosted 2/7/2013 12:28:59 AM
str8Knowledge posted...
It's "clamor"

Clamber is fine.

It means climbing, moving, or getting in or out of something in an awkward and laborious way.

I assume the TC was trying to say people rush to play games when brand new, but chose clamber, which sort of means climbing awkwardly over something in order to play games. But, hey... Maybe the TC lives in a hilly region.

Perhaps he lives in a tree, or on rooftops. Perhaps HE EATS BANANAS.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#8Banana_ManaPosted 2/7/2013 12:32:16 AM
CaPwnD posted...
str8Knowledge posted...
It's "clamor"

Clamber is fine.

Perhaps he lives in a tree, or on rooftops. Perhaps HE EATS BANANAS.

No.

It's happening again?

F***, I gotta get out of here.

Tell him I went that way ->

(I'm really going this way <-)
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#9thedrizzle78Posted 2/7/2013 12:34:21 AM
I only buy a few brand new games per year. Most of them aren't worth it. I also don't buy another game until I'm done playing the previous one. In that way I've managed to completely avoid a gaming backlog.

I don't know how you do it. I have 15 sealed games and 5 where I only got a few hours in, every game was purchased new and often preordered. Its sick when I think about a thousand dollars spent on games I may never play.
#10DarkJaydragonPosted 2/7/2013 2:20:18 AM
I buy games on day 1 because YOLO.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.