This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You should be ashamed if you still support microsoft

#31scoobydoobydontPosted 2/6/2013 10:54:02 PM
His point is IW and Treyarch COD are in fact quite different things in all but the most superficial respects, and I agree. I can't stand Treyarch COD, but IW (even MW3) is among my favorite games this gen.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#32CapwnDPosted 2/6/2013 10:56:27 PM(edited)
CaPwnD posted...
(Battlefield -> MoH -> Battlefield -> MoH -> Battlefield) is better than what Activision has done with COD for the past ten years

COD is made by two different companies. They are two years in development, and people who actually play the games can tell the difference in them.

Of course brainless opinionated loudmouth douchebags will always put down COD games, but I thought I would point that out because it sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.

Yes, I'm one of those gamers. I have easily over 20 days played in the COD franchise since COD4, and have been playing since COD1 - including COD3 and COD:UO.

I don't see what point you're having though, unless you think Medal of Honor and Battlefield play as similarly as Modern Warfare and Black Ops, which would really just tell me that you didn't put much time into Medal of Honor 2010 or Warfighter.

MoH 2010 was ok, online was horriable. Airborne online in all it's glitchyness was more fun than that. And we all know where the latest MOH game has landed the franchise. It's a beloved franchise to me, I was into MOH since day one on PS1.

You know what killed it? Trying to copy what Activision does well with COD.

And I feel that is also what makes me not like Battlefield 3 as much as the previous Battlefield games this gen.

So I'm not really sure what you are trying to say EA did so well when comparing to COD. Copying and failing, ultimately shelving one of my all time favorite franchises isn't something done well.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#33Foxx3kPosted 2/6/2013 11:02:08 PM
Well I'm talking about the treatment of annual franchises, not directly comparing EA's franchises to COD's franchises.

And for the record, I don't much appreciate your attempt to disparage my post by reducing it to nothing more than an incorrect assumption that I'm a blind COD hater.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#34ImalwayswrightPosted 2/6/2013 11:05:48 PM
Ashamed. :(
#35CapwnDPosted 2/6/2013 11:07:07 PM
What's the problem with the treatment of annual franchises? Which technically they are two franchises.... Modern Warfare and Trayarch.
---
#36Foxx3kPosted 2/6/2013 11:16:57 PM
CaPwnD posted...
What's the problem with the treatment of annual franchises? Which technically they are two franchises.... Modern Warfare and Trayarch.

I don't delineate between the COD games. I'm a player. I'm not a hater. I think Treyarch's games are superior to Infinity Ward's (until Black Ops 2 which ruined everything). But I see them all as Call of Duty. The only ones distinct enough to not be lumped in with the rest are United Offensive and Call of Duty 3. I'm not going to differentiate the "franchises" by the developer. If that were the case, Modern Warfare 3 would be different. The DLC would be different. It's all Call of Duty. It all follows an extremely rigid formula, even beyond the attempts Sledgehammer had in MW3 and Treyarch had in Black Ops 2.

Meanwhile, Battlefield has a wholly distinct identity from Medal of Honor. You critiqued that both of them are straying too far towards becoming COD clones, and I can understand your point of view. While I agree that they are moving more towards fast paced action and, in doing so, are losing some of their methodical nature, they are still a far cry from Call of Duty. Battlefield focuses on large scale action - vehicles, tanks, etc. Medal of Honor is an infantry centric approach. While I know that Warfighter underperformed and sadly put the franchise on hiatus, in my opinion, Warfighter was one of the freshest shooters we had this year. Many people under played the class system, which added more depth to the game than most can admit. Warfighter feels unique from Battlefield feels unique from Call of Duty. Yes, you are right, many (myself included) can tell the difference between an IW COD and a Treyarch COD (and a Sledgehammer COD - and many can even tell by the map design), but COD is not unique from COD.

Electronic Arts feels the need to compete with an annual shooter - often merely serving as a stop-gap to Call of Duty. But they do so not by forcing the same game down our throats every year. The games share some fundamentals - such as game engine - but I'm arguing that they are sufficiently distinct so as not to fatigue any given franchise.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I get the feel that you think I'm attacking Call of Duty. I'm not. I hope you can see the overall point I'm trying to make.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#37randomweirdoPosted 2/6/2013 11:23:17 PM
copycat2008 posted...
Playstation has everything xbox live is offering and its FREE.
with hundreds of exclusive games,
Free online + exlusive games = win

suckers hahhahaa

You really think Sony is going to continue to offer free online next gen?
#38CapwnDPosted 2/6/2013 11:28:19 PM
But they do so not by forcing the same game down our throats every year.

I don't understand this mentality. How is it forced down our throats? You say you played 25 days of COD since COd4... I play that much in a year. I'm ready for a new COD game after a year.
---
#39Foxx3kPosted 2/6/2013 11:31:40 PM
CaPwnD posted...
But they do so not by forcing the same game down our throats every year.

I don't understand this mentality. How is it forced down our throats? You say you played 25 days of COD since COd4... I play that much in a year. I'm ready for a new COD game after a year.

That's nice.
---
#40WhyGeeGeePosted 2/6/2013 11:45:43 PM
itrainpokemon posted...
Them and ea have always found more ways to get our money and its become intolerable.

The money isnt even the issue, at this point its my pride. Id be embarrassed to still give Microsoft my money after basically spitting on the customers face so many times.

Ive never been a PC guy but Pc just seems like the way to go at this point

The games cost so much less, steam is a great company always giving deals and they care about the customers.
---
GT- sufinomo
dark souls

you must be very ashamed of yourself since you put your GT in your signature.