This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You should be ashamed if you still support microsoft

#51CapwnDPosted 2/7/2013 12:27:25 AM(edited)
CaPwnD posted...
Oh please, go on.

I'm not trying to argue with you on this. My comments initially were a reference to other comments in other topics. Take that as you will.

You're right. You're not arguing anything. You're just misinterpreting my posts as attacks on COD and then attacking me for it. I'm glad you acknowledge the quality of your posts and I appreciate said acknowledgement.

You are implying that something is wrong with COD putting out a game ever year. I was challenging that point and nothing you said validated your point, which was (paraphrased) "They're forcing me to buy it so I don't like how they put it out ever year even though many other people play it more than me and they do want it every year".

High quality, indeed.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#52Foxx3kPosted 2/7/2013 12:49:12 AM
CaPwnD posted...
CaPwnD posted...
Oh please, go on.

I'm not trying to argue with you on this. My comments initially were a reference to other comments in other topics. Take that as you will.

You're right. You're not arguing anything. You're just misinterpreting my posts as attacks on COD and then attacking me for it. I'm glad you acknowledge the quality of your posts and I appreciate said acknowledgement.

You are implying that something is wrong with COD putting out a game ever year. I was challenging that point and nothing you said validated your point, which was (paraphrased) "They're forcing me to buy it so I don't like how they put it out ever year even though many other people play it more than me and they do want it every year".

High quality, indeed.

That's a very simplistic view of my posts and, again, a fundamental misunderstanding of what I'm saying. I'll say it explicitly: EA is handling their shooter franchises better than Activision is handling COD. EA is introducing more variation to their shooter franchises and establishing unique voices year after year, even excluding the DLC which is unspeakably higher quality and more refreshing than anything COD has ever had (except United Offensive, which is kind of the equivalent of DLC back then).

If you interpret that as there's something "wrong" with COD, then you're misunderstanding me. I'm just saying that EA is doing more to keep their franchises breathing than Activision. I buy Call of Duty every year, and I don't care if you play it more than me. Call of Duty is growing tired much quicker than Battlefield, Bad Company, or Medal of Honor (was). Battlefield 3's expansion packs show more diversity than the so-called "different franchises" you choose to break Call of Duty into.

Call of Duty is handled closer to the way EA handles sports games. Throw a new animation system in, update the roster, and it's a "new game." And people buy it, year after year, and that's okay. It's not "wrong," but it is inferior.

Honestly think of it in another way. Call of Duty releases every year. Let's say EA is putting Battlefield on track for a two-year release schedule. What if both of those accelerated - Call of Duty every six months, Battlefield every year. What if it accelerated again - four Call of Duty's a year, two Battlefields a year. At what point do you see this becoming problematic? At what point do the franchises begin fatiguing? I'm merely speculating that one year is below that threshold.

Also, your use of "many people play it more than me" is laughable. And this post is my less well structured than I tend to hold my posts to, so I'm going to bed.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#53CapwnDPosted 2/7/2013 1:03:10 AM
That's a very simplistic view of my posts and, again, a fundamental misunderstanding of what I'm saying.

I's not a simplistic view at all. That is exactly what you are saying and it's ridiculous.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#54Foxx3kPosted 2/7/2013 6:39:30 AM
CaPwnD posted...
That's a very simplistic view of my posts and, again, a fundamental misunderstanding of what I'm saying.

I's not a simplistic view at all. That is exactly what you are saying and it's ridiculous.

Well, I see there's no point in trying to actually respond to your posts with quality, insight, or discussion.

So, "no u." Ah, now we're on equal terms. This feels better.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]