This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who prefer DirectX9 Graphics w/ 60 FPS rather than DirectX11 w/ sloppy 30 FPS??

#11chrcolPosted 2/7/2013 2:22:56 AM
one thing I will say when FPS is completely msooth, it feels wrong.

Some games on my PC which are completely smooth dont feel right. So I reckon a steady 30fps is sweetpoint. 60fps is too high. obviously unstable frame rates arent good.
#12chrcolPosted 2/7/2013 2:23:59 AM
also alot of games where I See frame rate jolts are not to do with the gfx processor its to do with loading data of the media (this is caused by too low ram in the console to cache enough data for area, and perhaps a weak i/o system).
#13DarkSymbiotePosted 2/7/2013 2:28:30 AM
chrcol posted...

Some games on my PC which are completely smooth dont feel right. So I reckon a steady 30fps is sweetpoint. 60fps is too high. obviously unstable frame rates arent good.

I heavily agree with you. 60 FPS feels weird (never say this to PC fanboys/girls).
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#14RetroFanGirlPosted 2/7/2013 2:37:43 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
chrcol posted...

I heavily agree with you. 60 FPS feels weird (never say this to PC fanboys/girls).

Only because you're used to lower. You get used to it. Personally I like the look of 60 much better, but 30 is perfectly fine and I honestly wouldn't complain at a consistent 25ish either, as long as there aren't fluctuations all over the place.
---
Hi.
#15DuwstaiPosted 2/7/2013 2:50:31 AM
People with faster hand eye coordination prefer higher FPS.

People with stone hands prefer 30 FPS for the pretty graphics since they cant tell the difference in how it looks, or the responsiveness of the controls.
---
balls
#16AsucaHayashiPosted 2/7/2013 2:50:55 AM
uh dx11 isn't on 360(or are you mostly referring to the nextbox) not to mention i really doubt most people would even know the difference if they aren't also PC gamers.

also, my preference is... get ready for it: both.

why shouldn't people be able to choose whichever they want just like on PC?
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#17DarkSymbiotePosted 2/7/2013 2:58:07 AM
RetroFanGirl posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
chrcol posted...

Only because you're used to lower. You get used to it. Personally I like the look of 60 much better, but 30 is perfectly fine and I honestly wouldn't complain at a consistent 25ish either, as long as there aren't fluctuations all over the place.

I used to prefer 60 FPS but as I grew up more I realised the lower FPS makes for better cinematic value. Even for gameplay sections.
---
#18calcyclePosted 2/7/2013 3:17:28 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
RetroFanGirl posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
chrcol posted...

I used to prefer 60 FPS but as I grew up more I realised the lower FPS makes for better cinematic value. Even for gameplay sections.

It may be because film typically show at 24fps, if it was different your opinion might change as well.

I remember playing Resident evil 5 when it first came out it was quite fine and capped at 30 fps. When I played again on PC with 60 fps the swiftness of movement was astounding. Sure, it may seem more cinematic, but I like how it flowed better in connection to the actions taking place. Plus motion blur is always available to satisfy your turning needs.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
#19DarkSymbiotePosted 2/7/2013 3:20:13 AM
calcycle posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
RetroFanGirl posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
chrcol posted...

It may be because film typically show at 24fps, if it was different your opinion might change as well.

I remember playing Resident evil 5 when it first came out it was quite fine and capped at 30 fps. When I played again on PC with 60 fps the swiftness of movement was astounding. Sure, it may seem more cinematic, but I like how it flowed better in connection to the actions taking place. Plus motion blur is always available to satisfy your turning needs.

It is because film is at 24.6 FPS. Combined with motion blur, I think it fits best with the style of games I am most comfortable with. I only care about 60 FPS when it comes to fighting games.
---
#20JenniferTatePosted 2/7/2013 4:15:38 AM
I like 60. I can play a game at 30 and not be bothered. Hit 20 and then we'll talk.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go