This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Top 10 Games This Gen

#11SunDevil77Posted 2/7/2013 6:57:21 AM
Well...You got Skyrim, Red Dead, and Bioshock right...
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#12JenniferTatePosted 2/7/2013 7:02:39 AM
Why do those games define the generation for you? I like all the games on your list, but I'd like you to elaborate.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go
#13ConquerStone(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 7:20:33 AM
AlkalineKitten posted...
Why do those games define the generation for you? I like all the games on your list, but I'd like you to elaborate.

All of the games on my list I spent a considerable amount of time on, combine that with the fact that i think each game takes top honor in its respected genre, that is how I came to this conclusion.

I realize games like Rez or Torchlight might be contested, but I still think Rez reaches a peak no other game has reached emotionally or musically. And Torchlight translated perfectly to the controller and was one of my favorite games this gen.
#14ConquerStone(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 7:24:37 AM
I just realized I forgot to add Arkham Asylum and Mass Effect 2 on my list, though honestly i dont know where I'd squeeze them in...but those are definitely genre definining for me
#15SunDevil77Posted 2/7/2013 7:38:16 AM
ConquerStone posted...
I just realized I forgot to add Arkham Asylum and Mass Effect 2 on my list, though honestly i dont know where I'd squeeze them in...but those are definitely genre definining for me

I'd replace PacMan and RE4 HD with those. Both great games, but RE4 was last gen and those 2 are more deserving than Pac-Man.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#16ConquerStone(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 7:41:37 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
ConquerStone posted...

I'd replace PacMan and RE4 HD with those. Both great games, but RE4 was last gen and those 2 are more deserving than Pac-Man.

I'm okay with removing RE4...but Pac Man needs to be on the list. That game was near perfect, I'd exclude Mass Effect 2 over that. Batman needs to be on there though.
#17DarkSymbiotePosted 2/7/2013 7:47:03 AM
ConquerStone posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
ConquerStone posted...

I'm okay with removing RE4...but Pac Man needs to be on the list. That game was near perfect, I'd exclude Mass Effect 2 over that. Batman needs to be on there though.

That is still nothing that defines this generation. Of course the average Capcom or EA game defines this gen perfectly but let us focus on the positives.

MGS4 - Mainly the OctoCamo but there are other reasons.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - That art.
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - The world.
Batman: Arkham City - The smooth open world and the combat.
Gears of War 2 - Everything the first Gears did (set a standard for all modern TPS) and Horde Mode.
Red Dead Redemption - Horse riding among other reasons.
Dragon Age: Origins - Story, voice acting and choices.
Mass Effect 2 - Same as above.
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - It's a bit hard to explain.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#18TheSnypahvol2Posted 2/7/2013 7:50:52 AM
Not sure what I would pick....but I think Bioshock has to be in there. Amazing game that got tons of critical acclaim as an FPS without being twitchy or having online multi player. That's real tough to do. I have friends who play CoD only....but loved Bioshock. Its a game that pulls you in and just doesn't let go.

Other than that.....

Mass Effect 2
Dishonored
Portal 2
Rayman Origins
Halo 3
Borderlands

360 is the only system I've owned this Gen so I'm sure the rest would be filled with ps3/wii games if I played them. Surprised no one put H3 or Rayman yet. To me H3 just killed it on the multiplayer. Great ranking system, tons of options, amazing maps, so much fun. Rayman is by far the best 2D platformer this gen.
#19XenobowPosted 2/7/2013 8:56:32 AM
1. Lost Odyssey
2. Infinite Undiscovery
3. Alan Wake
4. Tales of Graces f
5. Tales of Vesperia
6. Resonance of Fate
7. The Last Remnant
8. Blue Dragon
9. Star Ocean: The Last Hope
10. Rayman Origins