This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox360 fans great news! NG3 Razor's Edge triples up to 100 co-op missions!!!

#1xenosaga123Posted 2/7/2013 8:44:16 AM
and other improvements. The definitive version is on Xbox360 :)

http://gamingeverything.com/39388/ninja-gaiden-3-razors-edge-ps3360-confirmed-for-north-america-and-europe/

NINJA GAIDEN 3: RAZOR’S EDGE features additional playable characters, a new gameplay mode, a redesigned battle system with enhanced enemy AI, a robust Ninja Skills upgrade system, expanded online features including bonus content, and a host of other features. The game is scheduled to launch both at retail and via digital download on the 5th of April 2013.

“NINJA GAIDEN 3: RAZOR’S EDGE is the most action-packed and feature rich NINJA GAIDEN game ever created,” said Yosuke Hayashi, Team NINJA leader. “The brutal combat will challenge the hardest of hardcore NINJA GAIDEN fans while also rewarding them with tons of bonus content and new features including three playable female characters, new stages, and three times as many Ninja Trial missions.”

NINJA GAIDEN 3: RAZOR’S EDGE was designed from the ground up to satisfy core action fans with a redesigned battle system, improved enemy AI, the greatly reduced interactive QTE scenes, and the return of dismemberment. Even with severed arms or legs, enemies will fight on and players will find they have to change attacks on the fly to win brutally tough battles—the challenge level leaves little room for error. The Ninja Skills systems lets players use Karma earned in combat to freely purchase weapon and Ninpo upgrades, feats, and costumes. Adding to the variety of gameplay, Kasumi, Ayane, and Momiji all join Hayabusa as playable characters. Ayane will get her own chapters in Story Mode while all three female characters can be played in the new Chapter Challenge mode and Ninja Trials co-op play with multiple costume options.

Chapter Challenge mode is available with ten chapters including all-new Ayane stages. In this mode, players will compete for the highest score possible in each chapter of the story. Six brutal weapons are available to Hayabusa throughout the game, including the new Jinran-Maru & Blade of the Archfiend dual swords, Lunar Staff, and Kusari-gama. Additionally, Inferno, Wind Blades, and Piercing Void have been added as deadly new Ninpo. In the new Tests of Valor challenge, players who find Crystal Skulls hidden in each level will be transported to face off in skill-testing battles with familiar bosses from the NINJA GAIDEN series.

The online features in NINJA GAIDEN 3: RAZOR’S EDGE have been greatly expanded, with all the previously paid DLC from NINJA GAIDEN 3 available as a bonus
. The Ninja Skills upgrade system works online to let players use Karma to purchase 64 customizable features for the Unknown Ninja used in multiplayer Clan Battles. Supporting up to eight players, five brand new Clan Battle stages have been added. Players can use all of Hayabusa’s weapons and Ninpo in Clan Battles, giving them access to their favorite methods of attack. The number of missions in Ninja Trials has been tripled to a total of 100, and all four playable characters—Hayabusa, Ayane, Momiji, and Kasumi—can be used in this co-op mode.

WOW!!!! Full of win!!!! They should release a digital XBL version too. :)
#2HaloODSTDPosted 2/7/2013 8:45:12 AM
I guess you lost interest in Fists of the North Star 2
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student
#3xyxrxuxafraidxPosted 2/7/2013 8:47:29 AM
Is this even made my Itagake or whatever that crazy guys name was?

If not, why do people care?

Were the last 2 Ninja Gaidens not a signal that this series is going downhill?

Where is the hype coming from? Please make me understand
---
METAL GEAR SOLID | HEAVY RAIN | FF7 | RE | ZOE | SF /fanboy
#4xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 8:52:46 AM
Razor's Edge fixed and improved a lot of things.

People shouldn't think RE is down at the level of NG3. It's much much better.

Yea it's no NG2, but this is like Metal Gear fans arguing whether MGS3 or MGS4 is better. It's purely subjective, but NG3 :RE is more faithful and more quality game than what Capcom is doing to its franchises.

It's a exaggerated trend people hating on NG3, no matter how much better the new editions get, people should see how the new versions are improving the original in many ways.

HaloODSTD posted...
I guess you lost interest in Fists of the North Star 2

I don't play 24/7 and I have time to post this, otherwise, I would be playing Ken's Rage 2 right now.

oh yea Also I noticed it's planned for digital distribution besides disk too. :)

The game is scheduled to launch both at retail and via digital download on the 5th of April 2013.
#5xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 8:56:47 AM
xyxrxuxafraidx posted...
Is this even made my Itagake or whatever that crazy guys name was?

Were the last 2 Ninja Gaidens not a signal that this series is going downhill?

Itagaki is overrated. despite the purple mist, Sigma 2 is superior to Ninja Gaiden 2 in most ways.

Hayashi actually did use a favor using Wii U as a testing facility to improve NG3 further and then give Xbox 360 the best version.

The series is not going downhill, it's just been going through growing pains, but this version of NG3 is the definitive version.

People buy multiple versions and revisions of other franchises, they shouldn't be bothered by NG3 having new revisions and improvements.

As for the people that already bought NG3, oh well, people by now should know companies will create and release superior versions at some point. And it's not like they release them constantly like CoD or Madden.

This version has SIGNIFICANT additions and improvements, so gamers should quit hating.
#6xyxrxuxafraidxPosted 2/7/2013 8:57:03 AM
xenosaga123 posted...
Razor's Edge fixed and improved a lot of things.

People shouldn't think RE is down at the level of NG3. It's much much better.

Yea it's no NG2, but this is like Metal Gear fans arguing whether MGS3 or MGS4 is better. It's purely subjective, but NG3 :RE is more faithful and more quality game than what Capcom is doing to its franchises.

It's a exaggerated trend people hating on NG3, no matter how much better the new editions get, people should see how the new versions are improving the original in many ways.

Dude, NG3 was complete garbage, and NG2 wasn't that great either. So you saying "it's no NG2" already makes me worried. NG1 was the best and it was an amazing action game.

How do you even know NG3: RE is much better? Have you even played a demo? Is the main Ninja Gaiden dude (Itagaki) working on this game? If both are no then I see no reason to express any hype for this game at all.
---
#7xyxrxuxafraidxPosted 2/7/2013 8:58:41 AM
Itagaki is overrated. despite the purple mist, Sigma 2 is superior to Ninja Gaiden 2 in most ways.

Sorry buddy but no he's not. He was the reason NG1 was a huge success and was the reason NG3 was garbage (because he left)
---
#8ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 2/7/2013 9:08:11 AM
Razors edge was a ginormous improvement and i cant wait for this
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#9FulvipPosted 2/7/2013 9:10:37 AM
Great news my ass. They use PS3/360 people as alpha testers and then the WiiU folk as beta testers. And then come full circle with the version that should've come out in the first place.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, DmC, Folklore
#10xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 9:11:55 AM
xyxrxuxafraidx posted...

Sorry buddy but no he's not. He was the reason NG1 was a huge success and was the reason NG3 was garbage (because he left)

Don't be so fanatical like those Miyamoto fans that think anything their favorite legendary producer/director decides isn't wrong.

Itagaki has their credit and laid foundations, but they have their weaknesses and limitations and flavor of closed mindedness.

if Itagaki was still in charge, demanded favorites like Kasumi and features like online co-op missions wouldn't have been added to the selection
(Sigma 2 co-op is fun and addicting.)

And Hayashi with Razor's Edge added features even NG1 should of had, which is chapter challenge mode where playable characters besides Ryu can be used in the story missions without those cutscenes in the way. PURE GAMEPLAY and more freedom.