This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox360 fans great news! NG3 Razor's Edge triples up to 100 co-op missions!!!

#11xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 9:18:58 AM
Fulvip posted...
Great news my ass. They use PS3/360 people as alpha testers and then the WiiU folk as beta testers. And then come full circle with the version that should've come out in the first place.

keep trying to expect an imperfect world to be perfect.

Itagaki's Ninja Gaiden Black improved NG1.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma improved NG1/B

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 as a whole improved Ninja Gaiden 2.

Don't act like that's the only company that makes new editions of games.

Capcom is more notorious for that, but new editions isn't a bad thing.

Seriously gamers act like they were born yesterday.

Remember Street Fighter 2? Hyper FIghting? Turbo? Super? Super Turbo?

Resident Evil 4 (at least 3 versions), Resident Evil 5 (plus Gold),

Resident Evil 2 Dual Shock.

The new editions of Call of Duty / Black Ops.

The new editions of FIFA, Madden.

There's always room for improvement.. better than just leaving it as is.

If you don't like it, don't buy it, but people interested will enjoyNG3 Razor's Edge more than any other Ninja Gaiden.

Especially with features and playable characters the first Ninja Gaidens should of had.

even Chapter Challenge which lets extra characters be playable in the story missions without cutscenes attached for PURE GAMEPLAY, should have been a standard feature since NG1.

but the series is developing, learning and improving. :)

and in my opinion the really foolish thing to do is miss out due to self absorbed expectations and entitlement attitudes.

People that play it will have fun, those that reject it can just have fun doing nothing.
#12FulvipPosted 2/7/2013 9:31:38 AM
xenosaga123 posted...
Fulvip posted...
Great news my ass. They use PS3/360 people as alpha testers and then the WiiU folk as beta testers. And then come full circle with the version that should've come out in the first place.

keep trying to expect an imperfect world to be perfect.

Itagaki's Ninja Gaiden Black improved NG1.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma improved NG1/B

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 as a whole improved Ninja Gaiden 2.

Don't act like that's the only company that makes new editions of games.

Capcom is more notorious for that, but new editions isn't a bad thing.

Seriously gamers act like they were born yesterday.

Remember Street Fighter 2? Hyper FIghting? Turbo? Super? Super Turbo?

Resident Evil 4 (at least 3 versions), Resident Evil 5 (plus Gold),

Resident Evil 2 Dual Shock.

The new editions of Call of Duty / Black Ops.

The new editions of FIFA, Madden.

There's always room for improvement.. better than just leaving it as is.

If you don't like it, don't buy it, but people interested will enjoyNG3 Razor's Edge more than any other Ninja Gaiden.

Especially with features and playable characters the first Ninja Gaidens should of had.

even Chapter Challenge which lets extra characters be playable in the story missions without cutscenes attached for PURE GAMEPLAY, should have been a standard feature since NG1.

but the series is developing, learning and improving. :)

and in my opinion the really foolish thing to do is miss out due to self absorbed expectations and entitlement attitudes.

People that play it will have fun, those that reject it can just have fun doing nothing.

The Sigmas were ports with extra content. Street Fighter's new version addiction is a joke in itself, Resident Evil 4 has ports for consoles it wasn't already in. Sports games can't guess the future so they need new versions as teams change.
What they did with NG3 was put out beta, a glitchy mess of a skeleton out for 60 bucks and now expect people who were burned to re-buy the game. And what's entitled about expecting minimal quality from a developer who made awsome games?
That's like Bethesda re-releasing Skyrim for the PS3 at full price, because the original version had a ton of problems.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, DmC, Folklore
#13xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 9:39:08 AM
lol lame excuses to defense things like Street Fighter and other franchises that made revisions of existing versions.

new editions can happen in any genre, even RPGs. They happen and there is a market for fans that want more out of a game and willing to buy a new edition.

It's kind of like movies, there's like a Special Edition version of such and such movie people already paid to watch, but people buy it and enjoy the new content anyway.

Also NG3 RE isn't just the same thing with extra fluff, in the words of a more hardcore Ninja Gaiden fans, here's an idea how NG3 RE isn't just NG3 with tacked on content

The Combat is what most people ripped apart.

Personally, I didn't rip it apart, but I disliked the direction Hayashi went in with NG 3. But Razors Edge more closely resembles the Combat System that many Ninja Gaiden Fans loved in Sigma 2, and it is a major difference.

Ninja Gaiden is mainly about the deep, complex and skill based Combat System. With Razors Edge, we get closer to these aspects of Ninja Gaiden that were somewhat lost in Ninja Gaiden 3. We aren't getting everything back, but it is definitely a move in the right direction

If you can't see this, then it means you shouldn't be talking about Ninja Gaiden anyway.
#14Cloak973Posted 2/7/2013 9:40:30 AM
I stopped playing that game when I fought a T. rex that's body turned into metal but would fall every 4 seconds so I could hit him in the face. yeah that game was beyond garbage.
---
XBL GT - The Snapple Cap
NY Giants 9-7/ Brooklyn Nets 28-19
#15FulvipPosted 2/7/2013 9:45:58 AM
xenosaga123 posted...
lol lame excuses to defense things like Street Fighter and other franchises that made revisions of existing versions.

new editions can happen in any genre, even RPGs. They happen and there is a market for fans that want more out of a game and willing to buy a new edition.

It's kind of like movies, there's like a Special Edition version of such and such movie people already paid to watch, but people buy it and enjoy the new content anyway.

Also NG3 RE isn't just the same thing with extra fluff, in the words of a more hardcore Ninja Gaiden fans, here's an idea how NG3 RE isn't just NG3 with tacked on content

The Combat is what most people ripped apart.

Personally, I didn't rip it apart, but I disliked the direction Hayashi went in with NG 3. But Razors Edge more closely resembles the Combat System that many Ninja Gaiden Fans loved in Sigma 2, and it is a major difference.

Ninja Gaiden is mainly about the deep, complex and skill based Combat System. With Razors Edge, we get closer to these aspects of Ninja Gaiden that were somewhat lost in Ninja Gaiden 3. We aren't getting everything back, but it is definitely a move in the right direction

If you can't see this, then it means you shouldn't be talking about Ninja Gaiden anyway.

I said Street Fighter version addiction is a joke. What kind of defense is that?
And don't dismiss them, just admit you don't have anything of worth to say.
Movies don't cost 60 dollars and the extra content is exactly that. Extra. Not the meat of the movie.
And I'm excited for the bloody thing, I'm a Ninja Gaiden fan, but I don't like the whole process of their do over with the game coming at the expense of people who paid full price to be testers.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, DmC, Folklore
#16xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 8:20:41 AM
"paid full price to be testers" is one of the most ignorant perspectives in the entire industry.

So Street Fighter 4 fans were testers for Super Street Fighter 4.

Resident Evil 2 fans were testers for Resident Evil 2 Dual Shock

FIFA 12 fans were testers for FIFA 13.

COD Black Ops fans were testers for Black Ops 2.

Star Wars fans were testers for Star Wars Special Edition.

There's no way vanilla NG3 could have received all this content and refined improvements in the first attempt.

NG:RE for Xbox360 and PS3 is much more than a mere expansion, it's equivalent to a remake (and remakes don't need new graphics to be remakes).

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/02/07/tecmo-koei-europe-explains-why-ninja-gaiden-3-razors-edge-content-isnt-available-as-dlc-game-is-definitely-not-a-full-retail-price/

Razorís Edge will be the standalone game because itís different than Ninja Gaiden 3 so itís impossible to patch or make the content to DLC with that many changes.

These comments point towards them making some fundamental changes to the Ninja Gaiden 3 engine, which wouldnít have been possible to implement through DLC or a patch.

Also NG3 is about a year old already.

A new superior edition is something fans and newcomers should look forward to, not hate on.

The developers are learning and improving and already are making breakthroughs that surpass the previous Ninja Gaidens in many ways.
#17RahzarXPosted 2/8/2013 8:29:35 AM
lol TC they are listing what's different about the Razor's Edge version from the standard, not from Wii U to the 360.

/topic
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#18Dragon NexusPosted 2/8/2013 8:58:31 AM
Is this even made my Itagake or whatever that crazy guys name was?

If not, why do people care?

Ninja Gaiden Black wasn't made by Itagaki, despite fans considering that version the best version. Itagaki actually disliked that version.

Granted the current guy in charge wants to be Itagaki but fails to do so, but one guy does not make an entire team.
As much as I like Itagaki, DoA5 was surprisingly good without him. It was better than the DoA4 that was helmed by him.

I'll wait and see what the technical fans of NG say (the people who count frames and can beat Master Ninja mode in NG1 with just the first sword unupgraded and without getting hit once).
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln