This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"No used games" fix poll

#1DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiCPosted 2/7/2013 9:10:07 AM
Would you be more accepting of a 'no used games' system if there was a workaround?(i.e. money, code) - Results (61 votes)
Yes
24.59% (15 votes)
No
75.41% (46 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So the rumor that the NextBox is not going to play used games has become rampant in the last few days.

I think that if this does come to pass, it'll be like online passes; you'll be able to 'unlock' the used games for a fee.

What do you think?
---
"It's not about money, it's about sending a message. Everything burns."
#2Banana_ManaPosted 2/7/2013 9:15:51 AM
I really don't give two craps about the whole used game, or no used game argument.
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#3wheresatariPosted 2/8/2013 3:33:21 PM
My post copy/pasted from the other topic like this.

wheresatari
Posted 2/8/2013 5:12:02 PM
message detail
quote There are so many reasons to buy used.

$3 is $3 when you have bills. If I see a game for $23 instead of $27, guess which one I'll buy. That $3 is a meal in your belly.

On top of that, the warranty is way better. New games, once opened, can only be traded for the exact same game. Used games you can play for up to 7 days, and if it's not for you, you can trade it for the money or anything else you want (provided you pay the difference if it's more expensive). You wouldn't buy a car without test driving it first (though that may be a bit of an extreme analogy).

I found copies of FF Anthology (FFV and FFVI) and FF Chronicles (FFIV and Chrono Trigger) for like $16 each. IF, and that's a gigantic IF, you can find the originals, which were on SNES btw, and if you don't have a SNES you can't play them anyway, would be close to $100 each. Stella Deus was like $17 or so, and guess which stores have that new...none. Gamestop, Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, none of them sell the older ones.

I get you can get downloaded versions of some of these for reasonable prices, but I personally don't have the capabilities to get access to them, let alone all the memory space to hold all of them.

Gone will be the days of taking a game to your friends house to play them on a whim.

Lastly, they're just now starting to port PS2 games to the downloadable networks; how long will we have to wait for the newer ones.

I don't care what Microsoft and Sony say, they will never sell their new games for $40.

Used games are amazing, so let them be.
---
I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no man comes to the Father except by Me.
-The Lord Jesus Christ. John 14 verse 6.
#4scoobydoobydontPosted 2/8/2013 3:49:57 PM
I'm accepting already.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#5GGearXPosted 2/8/2013 3:55:29 PM
No because I'm poor, play a bunch of games, and the max I'd pay for a digital game is 20. 30 for a disk version. Buying a game used is the way to go. I save like 20 bucks . I got dark souls for 3 dollars on ebay a while ago. And It was worth every penny.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#6Blade_Of_IcePosted 2/8/2013 4:00:46 PM
wait im all for the no used game scenario, do i click yes or no?
#7glassghost0Posted 2/8/2013 4:03:32 PM
If this even happens, which I highly doubt it, I'm willing to bet it will just be where every game requires an online pass.
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#8Scared0o0RabbitPosted 2/8/2013 4:10:53 PM
I mean honestly, if game companies would rather not have my business, it's fine with me. I' mean I could go back to buying Dungeons and Dragons books, MtG cards, or take my wife out on an extra date every month instead.
---
Gaming for > 20 years
XBL: Cagey Rabbit
#9scoobydoobydontPosted 2/8/2013 4:14:25 PM
If you buy used, game companies don't necessarily have your business now. Not much of a loss for them.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#10qwertomanPosted 2/8/2013 5:27:58 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
If you buy used, game companies don't necessarily have your business now. Not much of a loss for them.

I buy mostly new games and I wouldn't buy a console that doesn't play used games. They will end up losing money if they're that stupid. And even though I don't buy games at Gamestop, they promote videogames heavily (they have like 20 million PowerUp members). I'm not sure the money Gamestop makes (about $200 millions in profit from used videogames) is not worth the publicity and work they do. Any company that believes they can do a better job is free to open retail outlets and compete with Gamestop.
---
"So take it out. I'm thristy boy!" - Ikuza