This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

MS now enters the "dreaded third console curse....

#11sonicteam2k1Posted 2/7/2013 9:49:20 AM
IWU posted...
Does no one remember the "Sega Master System II" ? It had Alex Kid built in to the console itself so when you turned it on with no cartridge inside you could play Alex Kid, was I the only person who owned one?.

not every unit did. my master system had hang on and safari hunt built in.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#12nightshadeAPosted 2/7/2013 9:55:39 AM
windows 3 would like to say hi
---
theres no point in telling me the wisdom of fool wont set me free _New order "its easier and better to get forgiven than permission"
#13DarkMasterShakePosted 2/7/2013 9:59:52 AM
nightshadeA posted...
windows 3 would like to say hi

I didn't know Windows 3 was a console.
---
Indianapolis Colts: 11-6
Luck for R.O.T.Y!!!!!!
#14knightimexPosted 2/7/2013 10:02:17 AM(edited)
What is a SG-1000 ?
I'm sure it wasn't popular enough to matter.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#15IWUPosted 2/7/2013 10:03:15 AM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
IWU posted...
Does no one remember the "Sega Master System II" ? It had Alex Kid built in to the console itself so when you turned it on with no cartridge inside you could play Alex Kid, was I the only person who owned one?.

Bottom line is, the console invalidates the TC's original notion. Plus it's good to see a fellow mater system 2 owner. Now I know I didn't just simply imagine owning it when I was a kid...
---
...due to having Asperger I simply don't care... for real. I just... don't. I find everyone weird and I myself am weird. -mtjormitch
#16oasisbeyondPosted 2/7/2013 10:15:44 AM
I think with Sony and MS coming out maybe a month apart... Sony will outsell it pretty fast. If MS thinks Kinect more then anything, then they will be doomed. And this is coming from someone who owns 80% more 360 games, cuz they run better on the 360... I can't wait to see the third party support and how well games run on the systems, if there's not much dif then Sony will still win in the end for me. Not really caring much for Gears or Halo anymore.
#17shawnmckPosted 2/7/2013 10:21:39 AM
Are you saying that the PS3 was a "failure" ?
#18seankimberley42Posted 2/7/2013 10:23:12 AM
IWU posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
IWU posted...

Bottom line is, the console invalidates the TC's original notion. Plus it's good to see a fellow mater system 2 owner. Now I know I didn't just simply imagine owning it when I was a kid...

Winternova's counts, yours doesn't. Yours was a master system with a different sku, that's it. It still played all the Master System games and didn't play any that couldn't be played on the Master System.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#19WinternovaPosted 2/7/2013 10:24:46 AM
knightimex posted...
What is a SG-1000 ?
I'm sure it wasn't popular enough to matter.

Just because it wasn't popular doesn't mean it wasn't Sega's first cartridge-based console. That means that the 3rd console (apart from revisions to the SG-1000 and Sega Master System) was the Genesis. Additionally, the Color TV Game was Nintendo's first console, meaning the SNES was their third. This ruins the "third console curse" theory.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#20nightshadeAPosted 2/7/2013 10:31:10 AM
just cause i noticed the other day ...on cartoon network "regular show" they play a detailed sega master system ..... you can tell from the sms diagram on the top
---
theres no point in telling me the wisdom of fool wont set me free _New order "its easier and better to get forgiven than permission"