This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dead Space 3 Impressions

#1mrhappyguy12345Posted 2/7/2013 9:12:38 AM
So I'm a few hours in(chapter 5)and so far so good.

Gameplay-solid as ever. There aren't really many firefights with humans so far, just one early on that lasts about 10 seconds. Puzzles are a bit more frequent which I don't mind at all. Zero gravity sections are similar to ds2. The game is definitely less tense though. Ammo and health are overly available, as are oxygen tanks so you never have that paniced feeling when exploring outside. Also, the sense of being completely alone and isolated is more or less gone.

Crafting- this is a pretty nifty feature that allows you to pretty much mix and match weapons into one super gun. You can upgrade fire rate, damage, reload speed, etc. My only complaint(if you can call it that) is that I have the limited edition, which gives you some powerful weapons right off the bat, which discourages crafting just a little bit.

You can now craft items(health, ammo, etc) and deconstruct items for raw materials. I haven't really used this part of crafting because items and health are all over the place.

Presentation-sound is still fantastic, and so are the graphics. Controls are the same, still smooth and intuitive. No complaints.

As for all of the worries about microtransactions and co op, they don't really interfere at all with single player, at least to the point I'm at. Also, I guess there's an exploit for farming materials so you don't even need to worry about microtransactions. I feel like it was all much ado about nothing.

Overall it does feel slightly more casual due to plentiful health and ammo, and a less isolated setting and story, but any longtime fans of the series(like myself)should be able to look past all of the that, because DS3 is still a solid game.

I haven't tried coop yet.
---
I love video games : )
#2shawnmckPosted 2/7/2013 9:37:32 AM
^ What difficulty did you play on ?

I would assume that at higher difficulties there is less health and less ammo...
At least that's the way it was with the previous two games, so I suspect it would be true for this game as well.
That is to say, if you (anyone) is finding the game too easy with too much health 7 ammo, then simply start the game on a harder difficulty setting.
problem solved.
#3mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 9:46:05 AM
shawnmck posted...
^ What difficulty did you play on ?

I would assume that at higher difficulties there is less health and less ammo...
At least that's the way it was with the previous two games, so I suspect it would be true for this game as well.
That is to say, if you (anyone) is finding the game too easy with too much health 7 ammo, then simply start the game on a harder difficulty setting.
problem solved.

It's normal, same as I played the others on. I think you're right though, ill probably switch to hard mode.
---
I love video games : )