This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let me guess, people will defend the 720's "no used/always online" schemes?

#1_DevilBob_Posted 2/7/2013 10:42:38 AM
I'm not liking any of this stuff that I'm hearing. $70 games? $80 controllers? Always online required, even for single-player games? No used games? MS is going to kill the industry with all their moneygrubbing, because that's what all this is about. It's one thing to charge for stuff I'm used to, I get it. But to REQUIRE that I have an internet connection? To expect me to buy their games with NO WAY to recoup some of what I spent when I'm done it? And now there are rumors that programmers are working in an "oppressive environment" when it comes to game development? What the hell Microsoft?! I'll pass. Won't be long before tons of posts pop up defending MS's idiotic decisions.
---
That silence you hear is the sound of my eyes rolling.
#2knightimexPosted 2/7/2013 10:46:01 AM(edited)
If rumors are true DRM will be slang for "going 3rd party"

Nobody wants to go drm....
---
Old School Games FTW!
#3sonicteam2k1Posted 2/7/2013 10:47:04 AM
a good reason for me to lean more towards PC gaming. PC gaming already have this, but the games are way cheaper.

I've always been a console gamer, but PC gaming is looking more and more attractive every day.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#4SunDevil77Posted 2/7/2013 10:47:10 AM
I can't defend something that hasn't been confirmed. Why don't we wait to see what MS actually says?
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#5_DevilBob_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 10:48:07 AM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
a good reason for me to lean more towards PC gaming. PC gaming already have this, but the games are way cheaper.

I've always been a console gamer, but PC gaming is looking more and more attractive every day.

Amen, sir.
---
#6_DevilBob_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 10:49:14 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
I can't defend something that hasn't been confirmed. Why don't we wait to see what MS actually says?

I hope all these rumors are false. But where there is smoke.......
---
#7TheBlueStigPosted 2/7/2013 10:49:45 AM
_DevilBob_ posted...
Let me guess, people will defend the 720's "no used/always online" schemes?

You're too late, they've been doing it for months, ever since the first time this rumor surfaced.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#8WinternovaPosted 2/7/2013 10:55:16 AM
_DevilBob_ posted...
$70 games?

$70 games today = $60 games in 2005 = $52 games in 2000 = $46 games in 1995 = $38 games in 1989 = $33 in 1985 = $22 in 1979.

It's pretty much in line with the price of games at the start of every new generation since the beginning of the cartridge era.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#9Madness2012Posted 2/7/2013 11:14:08 AM
_DevilBob_ posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

I hope all these rumors are false. But where there is smoke.......

I am also hoping these rumors are false,most of my xbox 360 games are preowned,would take a huge chunk out if our wallets if rumors are true....
#10TantrumBullPosted 2/7/2013 11:15:26 AM
What is this topic and why am I looking at it Ricky!?
---
For what ever reason G_gglypuff completely forgot Ninja Gaiden Black is an Xbox game even though I told him it is and even told him I have it. >_<