This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, I got a free month of Gold from Microsoft...

#1VeliconisPosted 2/7/2013 3:22:13 PM(edited)
But I haven't used it! So guess what? That means some lucky person here will get a free month! Or at least, I hope they will. I doubt the code is bound to my account/GamerTag by any means. >_> It is in the standard format that redeemable codes are in, so...

I'm not gonna do a "GEUS WUT MY SOCIAL SECURTY NUMBAH IS TO WIN" type thing, here.

I was thinking of posting parts of the code at random times to kinda give more folks an opportunity to redeem it instead of the first person who refreshes the topics page first and sees it.

I could be a real ass and post them in the incorrect order, but I won't do that. I'm figuring I'll post it in the correct order it needs to be redeemed, but only 1 segment (5 characters) until all 5 segments are posted, thus resulting in the 25-digit redeemable code!

However, before going about this method, does it seem fair or should I just randomly post the entire thing?

Edit: Oh, I got the free month code from Microsoft for that whole cloud storage thing that went on whenever which I wasn't even bothered with 'cause I don't use the damn thing. >.>
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
#2Carte360Posted 2/7/2013 3:28:47 PM
Your code, you can give it away any way you want. xD

I think the segment thing is a good idea... but how do you plan to keep your topic alive if there is no contest/reason to post?
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#3AtrabiliousPosted 2/7/2013 3:30:03 PM
Either post the entire thing, or do some gaming related riddle and PM the code to the first correct answer.
---
| Xbox 360: Atrabilious/ClassiestFiddle/Phantom Ostrava | PS3: Jazzy_Bones |
Rent my Dragon's Dogma pawns on my Xbox GT's.
#4Veliconis(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 3:37:26 PM
Your code, you can give it away any way you want. xD

I think the segment thing is a good idea... but how do you plan to keep your topic alive if there is no contest/reason to post?

I could kind of do a mixture of both, perhaps? Post it in segments but in order for the segment to be posted, a gaming related riddle (thanks for the suggestion, Atrabilious) must be correctly answered by anyone.

This would perhaps seem unfair, though. But I'd really, really hate to follow the usual trend of "First correct answer wins" crap, y'know? But at the same time, doing it the way I just suggested basically means someone else could benefit from the work of someone else.

I dunno. I like to try and put everyone on an even playing field, but in a different manner than giving it to whoever answers something correctly first.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
#5HaloODSTDPosted 2/7/2013 3:38:52 PM
PM me the code please, I've given everything to this board and never asked for anything back.
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student
#6Carte360Posted 2/7/2013 3:39:46 PM
Thats the problem with life, nothing is ever fair. xD

Maybe, try doing 5 riddles or something, then put the 5 winners into a hat and select 1?

That way everyone should get a fair shake, as long as the riddles are from different games and different levels of difficulty.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#7Carte360Posted 2/7/2013 3:40:25 PM
HaloODSTD posted...
PM me the code please, I've given everything to this board and never asked for anything back.

"You've given them everything!"

"Not everything."

Did I butcher that?
---
#8Veliconis(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 3:41:55 PM
HaloODSTD posted...

"You've given them everything!"

"Not everything."

Did I butcher that?

If you're referring to The Dark Knight Rises, that's incorrect. But only slightly. He adds in "Not yet." at the end of it. Close, though!

Thats the problem with life, nothing is ever fair. xD

Maybe, try doing 5 riddles or something, then put the 5 winners into a hat and select 1?

That way everyone should get a fair shake, as long as the riddles are from different games and different levels of difficulty.

Ohhh, excellent idea! I like it. I will most definitely go with that. Now to just work on what the riddles will be. Stay tuned!
---
#9HaloODSTDPosted 2/7/2013 3:42:35 PM
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student
#10Super CreaturesPosted 2/7/2013 3:55:15 PM
Funny, I don't remember seeing any sacrifices from you, just a bunch of trolling, and BS about selling your 360 and never coming back, only to go out and (supposedly) buy another 360 and come right back here trolling only a few months later.

I don't think anyone who has made a minimum of 3 "*****ing and moaning about the price of Gold" topics in as many days deserves anything, especially not a free month of it.

If I ever get any codes to give away, I am definitely checking user names first, and anybody I know to have created a "*****ing about the price of Gold" topic ain't getting it.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.