This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have a fix to the always online problem! This is an amazing idea.

#1Carte360Posted 2/7/2013 2:42:39 PM
How about for single player, you don't need to be connected to the internet, drm (dmr?.._) free.

BUT if you want to play online multiplayer you MUST keep a constant internet connection. I know, it sucks guys, but it's a price we have to pay.

So, do you think this would work?
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#2DividerByZeroPosted 2/7/2013 2:47:13 PM
Idea of the millenium.
---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/blueice/TG%20Divider.jpg
#3Super CreaturesPosted 2/7/2013 2:49:11 PM
But what if I want to play system link multiplayer, or single console multiplayer?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#4Carte360(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 2:51:17 PM
Super Creatures posted...
But what if I want to play system link multiplayer, or single console multiplayer?

BUT if you want to play online multiplayer you MUST keep a constant internet connection.

Got you covered bro.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#5The DevourerPosted 2/7/2013 3:03:30 PM
Uh.... wouldn't that basically be the same as just... playing online to begin with? I'm not sure if this is the point or I'm missing something...
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#6Super CreaturesPosted 2/7/2013 3:15:58 PM
Local multiplayer (single console and system link) ARE NOT online.

Operative phrase in your sentence is ONLINE multiplayer, that does not cover local multiplayer.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#7Carte360(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 3:20:27 PM
Super Creatures posted...

Operative phrase in your sentence is ONLINE multiplayer, that does not cover local multiplayer.

Wow.

You seriously posted that and have to ask?

If it isn't online why would you need an online connection? I don't blame MS for charging people. It is only too obvious they can't think for themselves anyway, lol.
---
#8TheBlueStigPosted 2/7/2013 3:23:39 PM
Carte360 posted...
How about for single player, you don't need to be connected to the internet, drm (dmr?.._) free.

BUT if you want to play online multiplayer you MUST keep a constant internet connection. I know, it sucks guys, but it's a price we have to pay.

So, do you think this would work?

Diablo 3, singleplayer forces online connection to the DRM servers. That's the way they want it, and other developers want the same thing.

The ONLY proper solution is not to buy the system at all so the entire idea fails.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#9vigorm0rtisPosted 2/7/2013 3:25:58 PM
TheBlueStig posted...

The ONLY proper solution is not to buy the system at all so the entire idea fails.

That's only a proper solution if enough people do it. They won't, so you really only screw yourself.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#10TheBlueStigPosted 2/7/2013 3:36:48 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

That's only a proper solution if enough people do it. They won't, so you really only screw yourself.

No, I don't.

If the new systems come out and block used games, I'll be sticking to all the current gen and old gen systems, including building myself a MAME cabinet. There's thousands of games out there I haven't played yet that can't be remotely taken away, or blocked used, or require always online connections to play.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin