This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have a fix to the always online problem! This is an amazing idea.

#11vigorm0rtisPosted 2/7/2013 4:40:28 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

The ONLY proper solution is not to buy the system at all so the entire idea fails.

That's only a proper solution if enough people do it. They won't, so you really only screw yourself.

No, I don't.

If the new systems come out and block used games, I'll be sticking to all the current gen and old gen systems, including building myself a MAME cabinet. There's thousands of games out there I haven't played yet that can't be remotely taken away, or blocked used, or require always online connections to play.

You still limit your options, so... yeah, you kind of do. I can get all those games I haven't played and still have the option to play new software, as long as I'm not paranoid or don't really care about things being taken after they are no longer relevant to my entertainment.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#12WinternovaPosted 2/7/2013 4:44:49 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
The ONLY proper solution is not to buy the system at all so the entire idea fails.

That's only a proper solution if enough people do it. They won't, so you really only screw yourself.

No, I don't.

Wow, TheBlueStig won't even give himself any love.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#13TheBlueStigPosted 2/7/2013 4:53:44 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
after they are no longer relevant to my entertainment.

Hardcopy games can be played DECADES later to relive those memories, by voluntarily giving that up the only one who's screwing themself is you.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#14WinternovaPosted 2/7/2013 4:57:05 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...

Hardcopy games can be played DECADES later to relive those memories, by voluntarily giving that up the only one who's screwing themself is you.

Tell that to a Microvision cartridge.
---
#15DartkunPosted 2/7/2013 4:59:28 PM
The worst part of always-on-DRM is let's say years from now they just shut down the activation servers. Older games just won't be able to be played even if the game is brand new.
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#16WinternovaPosted 2/7/2013 5:03:45 PM
Dartkun posted...
The worst part of always-on-DRM is let's say years from now they just shut down the activation servers. Older games just won't be able to be played even if the game is brand new.

Unless they release new firmware removing the need for activation or verification. :-)
---
#17toinkerPosted 2/7/2013 5:04:07 PM
SOLUTION? free online playstation
#18vigorm0rtisPosted 2/7/2013 5:04:17 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...

Yeah, but for the most part, I don't play them decades after, so they're irrelevant. Sure, there's a handful of games I still play from childhood, but almost all of them have been ported.

It's not like I don't understand where you're coming from-- a lot of classic movies have been lost to new formats. Doesn't mean I don't own a blu-ray player.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#19gabriusPosted 2/7/2013 5:42:11 PM
So... in order to play online, you need to be..... online?

The only amazing thing about this is you think you're brilliant for coming up with a common sense concept that all of us already knew.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#20Carte360(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 5:57:32 PM
^ This guy hahah
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk