This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, the new Assassin's Creed game will have new hero and new setting.

#1Dr JackalPosted 2/7/2013 4:14:36 PM
No more Connor, and no more colonial america.

I'm in favor of this. I liked some of the animation upgrades they made for AC3, but I enjoyed it the least out of the entire series. I didn't like Connor, and I disliked the setting. I think a cutting the dead weight other than trying to drag it out is a good move.

Thoughts?
---
Undefeated lifetime.
Currently playing: NIER, Dead Space 3, Forza Horizon, Far Cry 3, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Ni no Kuni
#2DRzCalderonPosted 2/7/2013 4:25:44 PM
They pretty much announced this a month back and also indicated themselves that it was going to take place in Brazil....

Which I am so DAMN tired of now. Why not China?
---
"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
#3JON4495Posted 2/7/2013 4:32:09 PM
I read a theory online before where some guy said watch dogs could turn out to be the new assassins creed
---
Gamertag: BIONICxSHADOW
#4JON4495Posted 2/7/2013 4:32:10 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5JenniferTatePosted 2/8/2013 12:25:48 AM
I think I'm out after 3. I've enjoyed each progressively less. I chalked it up to the spin offs, but 3 didn't bring me back.

I enjoyed the intrigue of the first two, but I think the story and conspiracies got away from the writers.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go
#6scoobydoobydontPosted 2/8/2013 5:47:35 AM
Not interested, I'm so over this series. Wake me up if we ever return to the crusades or prior. I was never happy with more modern settings, nor the focus on everything but assassination.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#7DieMyBridePosted 2/8/2013 6:16:43 AM
I don't know if I would buy future games in the series. I think they need to scrap the whole Animus story and any back story like that. Desmond's story was the weakest and most unnecessary part of the series and didn't need to be there at all.

AC3 almost felt more like a test of the new engine and lowered my expectations for the future of the series. They just need to keep the story about the setting and time period they have and no more Animus crap.
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#8AlexFiliPosted 2/8/2013 6:39:22 AM
Hmm I was expecting them to cover America again but it probably is a good idea to swap the location.

While ACIII is good, there are certain things that don't come across as well. The excitement I got when exploring Constantinople just wasn't there. Probably since everything is more spread out, but this was really noticable. It would be nice for an Asian style in the next game, maybe either Ancient China or the Samurai times. I could also imagine the game taking place in Australia, Russia or England.

I love multiplayer and I hope for their sake that they don't change a single thing, because it is perfect.
---
Intel Core 2 Duo 6320 (1.86Ghz), 4GB Ram, ATI Radeon 5450 HD
http://legendarysuperwarriors.tumblr.com/
#9TheGam3925Posted 2/8/2013 7:04:59 AM
I would love to see an old London setting during the Jack the Ripper times, with the main character wearing a long coat, top hat and a cane with a hidden blade inside.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#10DarkSymbiotePosted 2/8/2013 7:10:20 AM
I was thinking about Japan with Ninja.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn