This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No More Third Party Exclusives, What Games Will Keep You?

#1RahzarXPosted 2/7/2013 5:04:26 PM
It's expected that third party exclusives are a thing of the past. In a future where first-party is king, what will force your hand?

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/02/01/daily-reaction-ps4-and-xbox-720-what-the-next-gen-means-for-console-exclusives/

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/07/ubisoft-discusses-next-gen-exclusivity-wii-u-support

Just for some examples, this is what each console owner can (possibly) expect plus whatever IP's get created obviously:

Sony:
Motorstorm
Killzone
LittleBigPlanet
Naughty Dog's Next Big Title
Gran Turismo
The Last Guardian
MLB: The Show
God of War
Infamous
Sly Cooper
Twisted Metal
Ratchet & Clank

Microsoft
Forza
Gears of War
Halo
Kinect Series
Project Gotham Racing
Trials Series

Nintendo
Animal Crossing
F-Zero
Golden Sun
Nintendo Wars (Advance Wars)
Pikmin
Pokemon
Donkey Kong
Fatal Frame
Metroid
Mario
Fire Emblem
Star Fox
Super Smash Brothers
Custom Robo
Mario Party
Mario Kart
Nintendo Party
Warioware
Zelda
Yoshi
Wario
Sin and Punishment
Kirby
Pilotwings
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#2toinkerPosted 2/7/2013 5:08:25 PM
playstation will never give up its exclusive, plus free online you will never have to pay for service thats supposed to be free
#3metaldiggle2Posted 2/7/2013 5:17:03 PM
MS for Gears and Halo
Nintendo for Zelda, Metroid, and Mario.
---
There are times where I wish I could delete stupid threads I see.
#4SunDevil77Posted 2/7/2013 5:17:04 PM
You missed a lot of Microsofts.

I f***ing hate rumors
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#5CyricsServantPosted 2/7/2013 5:18:11 PM
toinker posted...
playstation will never give up its exclusive, plus free online you will never have to pay for service thats supposed to be free

Uh . . . okay?

I really can't think of many first party games that could influence me to buy a new system. Sucker Punch, Team Ico, or Naughty Dog games might, but for as for specific, already existing IPs . . . Ape Escape, Legend of Dragoon, Infamous, Zelda, Kirby, and Mario could get me excited for a new system. MS doesn't really have any franchises I'm in love with, but I would definitely pay attention to Lionhead and Twisted Pixel.
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 2/7/2013 5:19:24 PM
Whoever provides the most allowance for sticking with a traditional controller will keep me.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#7RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 5:20:56 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
You missed a lot of Microsofts.

I f***ing hate rumors

I couldn't find any. Help me update the list?
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#8RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 6:06:43 PM
Bampin
---
#9RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 6:25:25 PM
Can someone help me add to Microsoft's list. I'm having trouble gathering a list of their first-party studios. Genuinely people, help me out.
---
#10darkharePosted 2/7/2013 6:27:53 PM
RahzarX posted...
Can someone help me add to Microsoft's list. I'm having trouble gathering a list of their first-party studios. Genuinely people, help me out.

other then going to one website im doubting you've put much effort into it, so id rather watch you fail.
---
micro-transactions in $60.00 retail games, it will get worse devs are just boiling the frog slowly so we dont notice.