This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No More Third Party Exclusives, What Games Will Keep You?

#21XenobowPosted 2/8/2013 8:20:02 AM
I would to see Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon as series, Blue Dragon not only as rpgs games but also maybe other types of game.
#22KtuluheroIIPosted 2/8/2013 8:28:09 AM
I've switched to PC gaming, so the only new console I think I'll buy is Wii U.
---
http://i.imgur.com/47zOc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MsEGm.jpg
#23BahamutBBobPosted 2/8/2013 9:14:08 AM
Sony for Ratchet & Clank.
Nintendo for Zelda.

Microsoft doesn't own (whole or in part) Epic Games, so Gears of War is a third party exclusive.

MS has no exclusives that I wouldn't miss. I enjoy Halo and Gears campaigns, but don't care for multiplayer in either.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#24TheArcadePosted 2/8/2013 9:37:29 AM(edited)
You can scratch Twisted Metal off your Sony check list since it's officially DEAD.

You forgot the RARE games on the Xbox side too.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#25TheArcadePosted 2/8/2013 9:40:15 AM
toinker posted...
playstation will never give up its exclusive,

You mean like how they gave up Devil May Cry and Tekken 6?
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#26foodeater4Posted 2/8/2013 10:05:23 AM
Never been a big fan of the sony exclusives. I did enjoy twisted metal on PS1 but thats about it.

The only games I would buy a console for is possibly Halo, Gears

And Metroid, but right now even if a metroid game is announced, I cant justify a wii u for one game. Maybe I'm in the minority but I kinda lost intrest in mario games after the N64 version, same for Zelda, but I'd be more likely to pick up another zelda game, I like an RPG better then a platformer.
#27RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 4:27:57 PM
Bump
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#28scoobydoobydontPosted 2/9/2013 4:31:38 PM
RahzarX posted...
You don't know what a first party exclusive is do you...?

Publisher(s) Microsoft Game Studios - Gears of War

I do, you don't. Epic and Gears are third party, it makes no difference if MS published. That's not the definition of first party. MS also published DoA, NG and Mass Effect. Not first party. I was correcting your ignorance, but if you want to take it personal and refuse to believe it, go ahead. It wasn't personal for me, just stating facts.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#29RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 4:35:31 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
RahzarX posted...
You don't know what a first party exclusive is do you...?

Publisher(s) Microsoft Game Studios - Gears of War

I do, you don't. Epic and Gears are third party, it makes no difference if MS published. That's not the definition of first party. MS also published DoA, NG and Mass Effect. Not first party. I was correcting your ignorance, but if you want to take it personal and refuse to believe it, go ahead. It wasn't personal for me, just stating facts.

Epic is third party but GEARS OF WAR is first party.

You're the one that is wrong here. Accept it and move on with newfound knowledge.

It's not about PUBLISHED, it's about the rights to the series. It's first party because Microsoft OWNS the rights to the Gears of War franchise. Same way that some studios are outright purchased, so are gaming rights. Like Halo. Halo is first party because Microsoft bought the series. Not bungie.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#30scoobydoobydontPosted 2/9/2013 4:42:20 PM
MS does not own the rights to Gears.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.