This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people spend $100+ on Turtle Beach brand headsets?

#21NSE7ENPosted 2/8/2013 1:15:20 AM
I have the PX5, works on 360 and PS3. Having a 4 year old and a woman who is up at 04:30am every morning makes this an essential purchase for me. I wear them when watching movies in bed, sound is epic not just on games.
---
"Come at the king, best not miss"
#22CapwnDPosted 2/8/2013 3:10:41 AM
Same reason people convince themselves they need to upgrade their iPhone every year.
The "Gotta buy what other people say is cool otherwise I'm not cool" mentality.

This has got to be the stupidest post on gamefaqs.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#23TheMuffinPosted 2/8/2013 5:17:52 AM
CaPwnD posted...
Same reason people convince themselves they need to upgrade their iPhone every year.
The "Gotta buy what other people say is cool otherwise I'm not cool" mentality.

This has got to be the stupidest post on gamefaqs.

I don't know man. There are a couple more in this topic competing for number 1.
---
LordAizenSama~ Did you know 99% of murderers wear clothes?
#24Carte360Posted 2/8/2013 5:23:06 AM
Heh look at some of these poor people calling people with turtle beaches spoiled, or avatar item buyers. They are soooo jealous it isn't even funny.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#25MoltenManPosted 2/8/2013 5:59:16 AM
I have the cheap $30 Turtle Beach XLa's and they're a HUGE step up from my TV's speakers. Leaps and bounds better than the standard Microsoft headset/mic.

I'm not crazy about the idea of spending gobs of money on a headset, so this set suits me just fine.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#26Banana_ManaPosted 2/8/2013 6:06:23 AM
They care about sound quality?

I don't own turtle beaches, but I did spend over 150 on headphones... Not for gaming, but for listening to music. The quality is incomparable to some other headphones, especially those pretty looking ones hipsters wear.

Some folks want to hear every detail of a game. Expensive headphones / expensive speaker systems will help with that.
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#27Darkest_EvilPosted 2/8/2013 6:11:39 AM
when i put on turtle beaches i hear dead people
---
http://castleminerz.freeforums.org/index.php
#28frater_davidPosted 2/8/2013 7:11:40 AM
Beats me, they seem useless to me. Every single time I hear someone with an echo from their mic they have a turtle beach. I also hear from people that have have problems with theirs all the time. Waste of money, unless you want an echoey piece of garbage that breaks down all the time.
#29DyingPancakePosted 2/8/2013 7:21:11 AM
lol

There are some really mad and obviously jealous people in this topic
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#30Magoo111Posted 2/8/2013 7:23:26 AM
I need a headset for both my TV and my PC.